Glenview Library Letter
August 5, 2014
Welcome to OUR wonderful Glenview library!
- Hello! My name is Jackie Gregory, and I am your librarian. Mara Jimenez is our Library Clerk.
- I updated the content and format of the Library Policies and Procedures Handbook. Please look for the link to be emailed tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will be a more user-friendly way to keep all library information in the same spot.
- Information on Limitless Libraries will be coming soon!
- Library Orientation for Students - I'm structuring it a bit differently this year and will get the schedule to you by Friday. Students may begin check out AFTER they have completed orientation.
- Unfortunately, we cannot make student library cards until MNPS Library Services has pulled the student data from PowerSchool into our OPAC system. It will probably be about 2 weeks after school has started. Once that happens, we will get them to you as quickly as possible.
- Please stop by or email me with any questions, concerns, or comments. I'm looking forward to a great year, and I have several new ideas in store for the library! Look for more information about library programs in the next newsletter.
Faculty and Staff Lending Library
If we want to promote a strong foundation in literacy for our students, we need to be readers ourselves, right? Welcome to the Faculty Lending Library!
Finished your current novel? Need a new book to read? Take a book from our Lending Library! Have a book you no longer want or need? Didn't like a particular title? Donate it to our Library... someone else might enjoy it!
This will operate as an informal lending library for FUN reading. This is separate from our Professional Collection housed in the Library Conference Room. Any books - novels, nonfiction, profession, fun - are welcome. Anyone who works at Glenview is invited to check back often. Take a book anytime you need one, leave a book when you no longer want it. You can borrow a book and return the same one, or if you really liked it, keep it and return a different one you have!
No check out is needed, and no system will be used to keep track of books other than the honor system. The books will be housed in the upper cabinets in the library office/workroom. Enjoy!