Symmes Elementary School
Friday, January 19, 2018
Symmes Staff Sunshine Board
It may be cold and snowy outside but inside Symmes we still have the Sunshine Board going. This week's Sunshine Staff are:
We encourage parents and students to write a quick positive note to 1 or ALL of our wonderful Sunshine staff of the week.
Thank you, Symmes Staff Appreciation Committee
Symmes Cultural Night Celebration - January 26 - 6:00 - 8:00
On January 26th, 6:00-8:00pm
Cultural booths with fun activities
Food samples from 18+ countries
International fashion show
Unique cultural performances
We’re still in need of basket donations!!!
The school will provide shuttle service from “Morning Star Coffee”. Shuttle will run continuously beginning at 6:00, every 15 minutes.
Thanks so much for our amazing committee volunteers. You’ve outdone yourselves!
Text 513-305-9779 or email Laura Bell email@example.com
Now registering for the Class of 2031!
NEW THIS YEAR! In an effort to streamline the registration process, Kindergarten Registration will now take place at District Office by appointment only.
Beginning January 1, 2018, you can start the registration process by going to our website, www.sycamoreschools.org and completing all of our final forms.
Once you have completed all forms, contact the Registrar’s Office to set up an appointment at District Office at (513) 686-1709. Appointments will not be made until all forms are completed.
January 22-February 23
If you are interested in applying for full day kindergarten, please bring a check (or cash) with you to your appointment for $100.00 for the deposit. The cost for Full Day Kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year is $3400.00.
*Limited evening appointments will be available
If you have neighbors with kindergarten age children, please share this information! Thanks so much!
Preventing the Flu: Good Health Habits Can Help Stop Germs
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year, but good health habits like covering your cough and washing your hands often can help stop the spread of germs and prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu. There also are flu antiviral drugs that can be used to treat and prevent flu.
1. Avoid close contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
2. Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
3. Cover your mouth and nose. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
4. Clean your hands. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Practice other good health habits. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
For more information go to: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm
Pre-Sale Ticket Order Information
Symmes Carnival 2018!!
It’s time to order your pre-sale tickets to the BIGGEST event at Symmes Elementary School!
Tickets are used as “money” on Carnival night (Feb. 23) to purchase food and games.
Most children use $20 worth in tickets.
Most games cost 1-4 tickets
Most entrée items cost 6-10 tickets, drinks 2 tickets, and snacks 1-4 tickets.
Pre-sale orders can now be made online with a credit card!! Tickets are sold in bundles at $5 increments, for example $5 for 12 tickets. This is a big savings as tickets will cost $5 for 10 tickets on Carnival night!
Go to the Symmes Carnival website: https://www.biddingforgood.com/symmesauction2018
Click the ‘Order Tickets’ Button under Live Event Details on the homepage.
Click ‘Register’ to create a BiddingForGood account and confirm payment details. **Note: This account also sets you up to bid on great items in our optional online auction.
Choose the number of tickets you wish to order. Be sure to fill in your child’s name and homeroom teacher in the comments section!
Click ‘Order Tickets’ at the bottom of the page to complete your purchase.
Orders will then be processed, and you will receive your order via your child’s backpack mail.
ANOTHER BIG CHANGE!
This year, we will use both parts of the ticket roll. This means: It doesn’t matter whether a ticket says “Ticket” or “Keep This Coupon”. Both types will be accepted to buy food and games on Carnival night!
Contact Sunny Pitt at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.