A Look Ahead to the Week
Happy MLK Day!
With a chance for wintry weather later in the week, pay close attention to the news and social media. If you have not been getting our School Messenger notices, stop by the office to get your parents' numbers in the system.
Bad Joke of the Week
- In Georgia, a theory popped up that the government implemented "poisonous" snow after one resident tried to melt the stuff with a blowtorch, only to find out that it blackened and "didn't melt". Turns out that the chemicals from the blowtorch causes the snow to only appear to melt.
- Some people think that 614 AD to 911 AD simply didn't exist. Why, you might ask? A German historian in 1908 found that there weren't many archaeological records from that time period. So, reasonably, he decided that they didn't exist and any documents claiming they did were forged. Of course, modern scientists have debunked that using space and ancient Chinese philosophers (to keep it simple).
- So we've all heard of the whole "the moon landing didn't happen" theory, which at least uses some reasoning. But we're all in agreement that the moon is actually there, right? Wrong. If you ask some people, the moon is just a big hologram that the government puts there to fool us. To paraphrase Batman, you could give me a week and I couldn't list all the reasons that's wrong.
- I'll keep this one short, because it was probably made up by someone who didn't know their own name or where they were. Some people believe that Denver International Airport is a gateway to the Underworld, and that there is a death camp underneath of it. All the "evidence" that they have provided was quickly debunked by normal people, or even Google Maps.
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
Monday, January 18
- V/JV girls basketball vs. Perry Central at 6:00 pm
Tuesday, January 19
- JH Boys Basketball (B) vs. Perry Central at 6:00
Wednesday, January 20
- Varsity swim PAC dinner in cafeteria at 5:30
Thursday, January 21
- Bookmobile visit
- Homecoming nominations via chromebook
- House/GO RED Activities: JAG - room 309, Polar Bear Plunge - room 619, FCA - auditorium
- JH Boys Basketball vs. Crawford County at 5:30
Friday, January 22
- Marksman card party (selected students) in cafeteria at 1:00
- V/JV boys basketball vs. Crawford County at 6:00
Saturday, January 23
- V/JV girls basketball vs. North Posey at 2:00
Sunday, January 24
Menu (January 18 - 22)
- Breakfast - Breakfast sandwich, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Pizza, corn, lettuce wedge w/dressing, cookies, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - French toast w/syrup, sausage, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Salisbury steak w/gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli, wheat roll, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Bagel w/peanut butter or cream cheese, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Corn dog, baked beans, carrot sticks w/dip, baked chips, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Cheese omelet w/bacon, toast, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, green beans, romaine salad w/dressing, bread stick, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Cinnamon toast, oatmeal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Barbecue chicken sandwich, potatoe wedges, celery sticks, cookies, fruit/milk
Bad Joke answer
Because it's transformation Tuesday!
If you have a joke that you want to submit, email it to email@example.com and it might make it onto the Minute!