The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
September 8, 2020
Westside teachers will meet the needs of each individual in a student-centered classroom by:
Encouraging a growth mindset
Maintaining high expectations through a hands-on, engaging rigorous curriculum for ALL students
Providing a safe, positive, and loving environment
Creating independent thinkers
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone! Thank you for being patient with us as we fine-tune our car rider drop off and pick up! This week as you drop your children off in the morning please make sure you are pulling all the way up to the car in front of you! Since you are screening your children at home you may give us a thumbs up and then your child may exit the car. They do not have to wait for a staff member to open the door for them! Hopefully, this will speed up our drop off. Car rider drop if will begin at 7:25.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- You may send a water bottle to school with your child.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area. Lunch times: 4th grade 10:30-11:00, 1st grade 11:00-11:30, 3rd grade 1:30-12:00, Kindergarten 12:00-12:30, 2nd grade 12:30-1:00, 5th grade 1:00-1:30.
- Please return any beginning of the year paperwork you may have received from your child's teacher.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
September 8th- Virtual Volunteer Training
September 8-11 - Kindergarten through 2nd grades MAP testing
September 17th- Constitution Day
September 21-25 - Freedom Week
September 22-23 - Hearing and Vision Screenings
October 16-23 - ACT Aspire Interim Testing for 3-5
A Note from Nurse Gina
Returning back to school after the long break, here are few coping statements to help your child if having some anxiety!
Fifth Grade Parents
5th Graders- if you are interested in being an ambassador, here are the deadlines.
You may pick up an application from your homeroom teacher or Mrs. Page! Let us know if you have any questions.
Breakfast and Lunch Family Information Form
A Quick Note from Ms. Long
Please send water with your child this year in a closed top container since our water fountains will be turned off. We will have touchless water refill stations at school this year to refill water.
Check the changes to our daily schedule. Arrival times have changed.
Please screen your child before school each morning! Keeping our students safe is our top priority!
Greenbrier School District "Point of Contact" Information
Word of the Month
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke