Hands-On Parent Lexia Night
Tuesday, Feb. 15th, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
Meeting ID: 876 9096 9027
Our students continue to show some great progress in their writing! Thanks to our teachers and Ms. Ebeck, our Reading Specialist, we have our 2nd quarter Creative Cub available to showcase some of the amazing writing happening at HMES! Click on the link below!
Continuous Improvement Plan
- Ensure it fits well and can securely fit over your child's nose and mouth without pulling on their ears too much
- Ensure they have a clean one each day (we are seeing many masks that are being used days in a row and are very dirty)
Quarantined? Please complete asynchronous work
- Our teachers are working hard to put assignments in Canvas and/or leave them in the office for parents to pick up.
- Completion of this work is essential to maintain the fast pace of our standards and ensure the success of our students
- If your child brings home a laptop, IT MUST BE PLUGGED IN OVER NIGHT so it is ready to go right when they arrive at school.
Haymarket Elementary is committed to bringing unique learning opportunities to our students and we are pleased to share a free reading service providing digital books through Sora, the student reading app (see above...it's in Clever...the little rocket thing...2nd one from the left in the second row).
The collection of titles in Sora is an extension of Haymarket Elementary physical library, only it’s in an app with 24/7 access to eBooks and audiobooks. It’s convenient for students to check out titles at home, on the weekends or during school breaks with no worry about misplacing a book or running up late fees – these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
Sora can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers, learning-challenged, second language learners, and gifted readers can all benefit from this service.
· Enrich vocabulary and improve comprehension and pronunciation
· Introduce students to books above their reading level
· Teach critical listening
· Help busy kids find time to read
· Incentivize reading with fun avatars and achievements
· Allow easy access to public library’s collection, too! (in the Sora menu select: +Add a public library)
How does it work?
Students can access the Sora App through Clever (see above visual)
Where can I find more information?
Please contact Mrs. Zenoniani at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Haymarket Elementary Libraria
Bedtime Routines Importance
Heart Hero Challenge!
We are celebrating healthy choices through our Kids Heart Challenge (KHC)! Students learned through an introductory video last week of their challenge and are working with our PE teachers to maintain healthy habits and promote healthy living!
Here is Your DIRECT Sign up link for our KHC Team ► http://www2.heart.org/goto/HaymarketElementary