The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of January 21st, 2019
Dear Liberty Park Families,
Student Drop Offs: Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area on the west end of the parking lot. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Additionally, please ensure that handicap spots are left available for our students and families that require those spots. Thank you for your patience and diligence in helping us ensure the safety of all during this daily process.
As temperatures continue to drop please make sure that your students has proper winter wear. If we can be of any assistance in helping make sure your student has access to a winter coat, hat, gloves, etc. please contact the school office at 317-532-1850 and ask to speak with either Nurse Kelly or Mrs. Hench. We will do all we can to give your child the proper winter gear.
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
January 21st - No School - MLK Day
January 22nd - 4th Grade Science Bowl Competition
January 26th - Robotics Team Competition
February 6th - Late Start Day
February 8th - Family Dance Night @ 7pm
February 14th - Dads Breakfast @ 7:30am
School Dismissal Manager:
Parents - Everyone should have received an email from School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. Please download the app or login via computer to set your child's DEFAULT dismissal. Once you have set their default, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's your email or have any questions. receive. Please contact the front office if you did not receive your email or if you have any questions.
Updates and Information
- Valentines Cards - It is the time of year when valentines are being advertised in every store! If you are purchasing those for your child's class, please refrain from purchasing those with candy/suckers attached to the cards.
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please use your School Dismissal Manager app to indicate your child's absence or call the front office. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Building Entrance - As part of our building safety enhancements, our new visitor intercom system has been updated and is located just outside the building. Starting next week, when visiting us you will now need to buzz the intercom outside the building and be prepared to show the appropriate identification as you enter. As a reminder, please do NOT hold the door open for other parents coming in.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
Notes from Nurse Kelly
Parents, please check your closets over the Winter Break and if your child has outgrown their uniform pants, please consider donating them to Liberty Park. We are in need of boys and girls uniform pants in sizes 5, 6, 7, and 8. Also, if your child has borrowed clothes from the school, please remember to return them to Liberty Park. If your child has had an "accident" while at school, please remember to put a change of clothes for them in their backpacks so they have their own clothes to change in to. This would be very helpful. Thank you.
Lunch Time Reminders
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse