Ms. McCain's Class
6th Grade Language Arts - Arbor Creek Middle School
Next week in Language Arts,
We will be moving in to the last section of this unit. This section introduces students to comprehension and interpretive work. We will read and examine the story "Raymond's Run". We will discuss and interpret characters, key points, and basic plot development.
Activities in class:
- Daily SSR (silent reading)
- Character notes
- "Raymond's Run" by Toni Cade Bambara
- Interpretive discussions and reflective writing
- Creative Writing
- New root words (mania, mech, mega)
Does your student need extra help? Do they want to get ahead? Have they been absent?
Tuesday - Friday
Before School - 8:15 - 8:40
After School - 4:00 - 4:15
* I am not available for tutorials on Mondays because I have crosswalk duty.
Our class collects Box Tops for Education!
Learn more about Box Tops for Education and where to find them at http://www.boxtops4education.com/.