Westridge Wildcat News
June 11, 2021
Westridge Wildcat Days Are Here!
Save these dates!
June 7 - 15 - WILDCAT DAYS (*see above)
June 15 - Last Day of in person learning
- Last Day of School Virtually
- 5th Grade Drive Thru Celebration (See info below!)
- 12:30-3:30 p.m School Textbook/Manipulatives Drop-Off
- 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. School Textbook/Manipulatives Drop-Off
- i-Ready Family Reports emailed home
- 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. School Textbook/Manipulatives Drop-Off
- Report Cards available in ParentVue
June 26 - Smart Start 1-3pm (more info below!)
5th Grade Drive Through Schedule:
- 9:00-10:00 Ms. Bales
- 10:00-11:00 Mrs. Harvey
- 11:00-12:00 Mrs. Matteri
- 12:00-12:30 Mrs. McKay
- The online students in Amy Wetzel's class will join their original classroom teacher's celebration time.
Please contact Brian Madden at email@example.com with any questions!
Keep Your Devices!
Students in grades K-11 who are continuing with LOSD next year are asked to keep their devices (iPads Gr. K-2, Chromebooks Gr. 3-12 ) over the summer. Graduating seniors or students leaving the district need to turn in their devices to Westridge. Current 2nd graders will exchange their iPads for Chromebooks in August when they return to school.
If you have questions or need technical assistance, please submit a work order and our tech team will be happy to help. https://losdhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Please Verify Your Student's Information
- Ensuring that schools have accurate information to reach parents and other contacts in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Verification is important even if your address or contact information has not changed over the past year because the school may have incorrect information from a previous year.
- Confirming parent email addresses for Google Classroom and other applications to participate in your student's learning.
- Enabling distribution of key information in the district's K-12 Family Handbook and Technology Agreement.
LOFD Vaccination Clinic at Lakeridge Middle School
The Lake Oswego Fire Department is hosting several COVID-19 vaccine clinics at Lakeridge Middle School for students age 12 or older and their families. The clinics are for Pfizer vaccine first and second doses on: June 9, June 16, June 30, July 7, July 14, July 21.
Following are instructions for how to participate in the clinic.
1. Schedule an appointment using this website:
Currently open for scheduling: June 9; you may schedule an appointment for other dates soon. www.clackamas.us/coronavirus/vaccine
2. Complete Vaccination Consent Form. For ages 12-14 years, parents/guardian consent is required. For ages 15-17, parent/guardian consent is encouraged but under Oregon law, minors 15 years of age and older may consent to their own medical treatment including vaccinations. Please print and complete consent from and bring it to the appointment. There will be extra forms available at the clinic. COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form - English Formulario de consentimiento de vacunación contra el COVID-19
3. At The Clinic. Wear your mask and observe physical distancing guidelines. Wear short sleeves. There is no payment or insurance billing.
● A greeter will screen you for COVID-19 symptoms and direct you once you arrive. ● Staff will review your paperwork, and administer your vaccine. ● You will wait 15-30 minutes for post vaccination monitoring.
● If you have specific health concerns about getting the COVID-19 vaccine please ask your personal health care provider.
● If you need to cancel or reschedule, use the automated "cancel" link, and then reschedule.
● If you need information or assistance to reschedule your appointment please send an email inquiry to COVIDVaccine@clackamas.us.
Click here for a flyer about the LOFD Vaccine Clinics at Lakeridge Middle School.
SAVE THE DATE: Smart Start Thursday, Aug. 26, 1-3 p.m.
Smart Start is an opportunity specifically for our students with 504s and IEPs, and their parents and guardians, to make introductions with their teachers and to feel prepared for the start of school. For the 2021-22 School Year, Smart Start is in person Aug. 26, 2021, from 1-3 p.m.
Teachers will be familiar with your student’s plan and accommodations. To help better know your students, please complete the attached one-page profile or create one on your own ahead of time, and give it to the teacher at the Smart Start introduction.
Also, to assist in your family’s preparation for the new school year, please click here for a Smart Start checklist for parents and guardians of students with 504s and IEPs.
See you on Aug. 26!
Free COVID testing Clinics:
Vaccination Sites :
- Go to our website now to learn how to get an appointment scheduled: https://bit.ly/3vbTief. If you need assistance with scheduling or if you want to be on standby list, call the amazing team at the Public Inquiry Center at 503-655-8224 (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm); English and Spanish available
- Vaccine Finder: Get Vaccinated Oregon
- Salem FairGrounds:
- As of today, you can just walk in or you can register online at Salem Health Vaccine
Reminder - Closed Campus
Westridge Summer School Counseling Activities
If you are looking for summer activities for your child, look no further than the Westridge School Counseling Family Resources Google folder. This folder has every school counseling asynchronous lesson from the 2020-21 school year. It also contains family activities, middle school transition tips, as well as family and individual self-care information. All of the activities are organized by character trait themes, so they're easy to find! This link will stay live over the summer, so check it out any time!
Gary Kieser, MA, LPC
LOPL SUMMER LIBRARY CHALLENGE:
The Lake Oswego Public Library 2021 Summer Challenge begins June 1st. We are inviting all families to register online at lopl.org/summer, set their own goals, and read all summer long. Your FREE book is yours to claim as soon as you register. We’ve created some extra challenges that go beyond reading, including a city-wide scavenger hunt. Log your time spent reading, complete challenges, and find all the colors of the rainbow hidden in our city parks, and you’ll earn raffle tickets good for our End-of-Summer prize drawings. We can’t wait to see you at the Summer Library Challenge Headquarters (706 Fourth St.) soon.
Students will be receiving LOPL postcards at their home address with more information about the summer reading challenge.
New Student Registration for 2021-22 School Year
Registration for the 2021-22 school year is happening now!
- January 20, 2021 for registering new students enrolling into grades 1–12 who have never enrolled in Lake Oswego before and returning students enrolling into grades 1–12 who are not currently enrolled but will re-enroll for next year.
- February 24, 2021 for registering new students enrolling into kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year.
- Students who are currently attending LOSD during the 2020-21 school year do not need to register for the 2021-22 school year.
LOSD is pleased to offer online registration through its parent portal, ParentVUE (contact your resident school for help with logging in). See the Registration & Verification page of the LOSD website for guidance.
ParentVUE and Website History
Donating to Westridge PTSO
The Westridge Elementary PTSO (Parent Teacher Student Organization) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization run by parent volunteers. Through parent and community donations, we help to fund field trips, technology, and over 30 school programs each year for the enrichment of Westridge students.
While in the midst of the ongoing COVID pandemic, we find ourselves in an especially unique position this year. Many of our community members have experienced financial hardships as a result of the pandemic. We realize that it may not be viable for your family to donate to our annual fundraiser, and thus, we are not hosting one during this academic year.
While our school year looks quite different this year, the need for resources to enrich the academic experience of each and every student is still very real. Therefore, we are still gratefully accepting donations. If you are in a position to donate and able to take advantage of your employer's corporate matching program, we encourage you to participate in giving. Your donations are incredibly valuable and allow us to support our teachers and students.
Thank you for considering donating to support our Westridge students. If you would like to donate at this time or at any time during the school year, please visit Tinyurl.com/wildcatfund.
Bias and Racial Incident Reporting Form and Information
On November 16, 2020, the LOSD School Board approved the ALL Students Belong Policy which prohibits the display of hate symbols and the use of hate speech in our school community. This is another step forward in our efforts of becoming an anti-bias and anti-racist organization and living up to the District’s core values of equity and inclusion. The All Students Belong Policy makes it clear that hate will not be tolerated nor accepted in our schools. We encourage students to stand against hate by interrupting and reporting any bias and/or racist incident that they witness or personally experience.
We want LOSD schools to be a safe, welcoming, and loving space where all students have the opportunity to be themselves and thrive socially and academically. If you have witnessed or experienced any harm directed to any student, teacher, or staff member based on perceived or actual identity, you can report to your administrator, a trusted staff member, by using the new elementary Incident Report or anonymously to SafeOregon.