News Around The Creek
March 28, 2016
April 2: Grounds Day 10:30AMApril 5: West Lake Middle School orientation (Tracks 1 and 2, though any track may attend) from 6:30-8:00PM
April 9: Spring Carnival 4:00 - 8:00PM (rain or shine)
Welcome Back Track 1!
I would like to take a minute to thank our PTA Nominating Committee. Diane Hayes, Leslie Murr and Elizabeth Williams are doing a FANTASTIC job building the MCES PTA Board Members and Committee Members for the 2016-17 year. I am looking forward to working with all the volunteers in the upcoming year. It sounds funny to say, especially since this year is not over yet. With that being said, there are still incredible events to round out the 2015-16 year. If you can, please check out the volunteer opportunities and help out if you can!
Nominating Committee Update:
Do you know the #1 reason to get involved?
Volunteering makes a big difference!!!!
Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved in their schools do better.
Click link to see what's still available>>>>>>>>>>>>
Garden Donations Needed
Hello!! Here are a few things that we would love for you to donate to our Garden!! If you do donate, could you please place them in the garden on the work tables by April 2nd, which is our garden work day! Needed for the Giving Garden:
- cucumbers, tomato, and pepper plants
- strawberry plants
- basil, lavender, parsley
- butterfly bushes
- water hose
****Garden work day Saturday, April 2nd, at 7:30!!! Please come out and dig in the dirt with us.
Grounds Day, April 2
Volunteers needed for Clay Workshop
Looking for an enrichment opportunity?
The Spring Carnival is coming up on Saturday, April 9th, from 4 to 8 p.m. RAIN OR SHINE! We hope to see all of our Middle Creek families there!
Here are a few ways YOU can get involved:
1) Donate a treat for the Cake Walk. They need to be store-bought, but any treat will do...cookies, cupcakes, donuts, etc. See the attached flyer for more details.
2) Go to the Sign-Up Genius link here to work a shift at the carnival. We need parent volunteers to set-up, tear-down, and to help run activities during the event. All parent volunteers will receive 2 kids' raffle basket entries for their help!
3) It's not too late to drop off some small items for our raffle baskets in the front office. These are small dollar-store type items, such as candy, matchbox cars, stickers, pencils, bracelets, etc.
A couple reminders:
* We will have our annual Book Swap at the fair. Encourage your child to bring one gently used book, which he/she can trade out for a different book at the fair.
* We will have food for purchase as well as an amazing silent auction, kids' raffle, and our new teacher auction this year, so please bring a little extra money if you are interested in any of these offerings.
Thank you for your support of MCES activities, and we look forward to seeing you at the Carnival!
MIssy Balleydier and Allyson Arp, Carnival Co-Chairs
Boosterthon Fun Run is back!
The fun will begin with a Pep Rally on April 11th for Tracks 1-2-3 and on April 20th for Track 4.
This year your students will be learning about TEAMWORK, CURIOSITY, PRACTICE, HUMILITY, CONFIDENCE, AND ENDURANCE as the Boosterthon Team takes them around the world with this years' theme "Big World Recess". They will be meeting "REAL kid-athletes from around the globe who have REAL character".
Please mark your calendars now for the Fun Run dates so you can come cheer on your student!
- All grades in Track 3 will run on April 19th from 8:45-9:45.
- Tracks 1-2-4 will run on April 26th; grades 3-5 at 8:45-945 and K-2 at 9:55-10:55.
Please partner with Middle Creek Elementary by connecting your student with sponsors (family & friends) in raising funds to match WCPSS grant money to renovate the K-2 playground. Be on the lookout for more information coming home with your student about the FUN RUN and volunteer opportunities! Thank you for your support!
Volunteers Needed for the School Store:
Tuesdays: K-2 kids welcome from 8:00-8:25am
Thursdays: 3-5 kids welcome from 8:00-8:25am
The school store sells little pencils, erasers, fun little school items for kids to purchase - prices range from $0.10 - $2.00, so kids can easily afford to buy something even with a little bit of pocket change. It is located at the end of the main hallway, adjacent to the 2nd grade hallway. Please contact Stephanie Petty, email@example.com
Unsubscribing to the News Around the Creek:
If you would like to be removed from the distribution list, you can click on the unsubscribe link on the newsletter or send me, firstname.lastname@example.org, an email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. Thanks.