Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Naudia Florence & Kyler Whicker
- In 1801 Humphry Davy, chemist and inventor, demonstrates the principle of what became fuel cells
- In 1839 William Robert Grove he called it the gas battery.
- In 1960’s manned space flights used them because they are quite reliable and clean.
Renewable or Non-renewable
- Hydrogen fuel cell is a renewable resource.
- It is the most plentiful and renewable resource on our planet.
- Hydrogen fuel cells can make electricity.
- They are very efficient, but expensive to build.
- Hydrogen fuel is used for industrial applications such as refining, treating metals, and food processing.
- It can also be used as a fuel for zero-emissions vehicle
Reasons to use Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Hydrogen fuel cell is converted to electricity more efficiently than any other electrical generating technology available today
- Hydrogen fuel cells runs of pure hydrogen that are pollution free
- There are no moving parts in a fuel cell stack, making it a reliable and quieter generator.