January 11th, 2021
Goooooood Morning #OneFamily!
Happy Monday! I am very sorry that we will return to virtual instructional this week again. We had hoped to get back to our hybrid model this week. Let's hope that next week will allow us to return to that schedule.
Until then, we have some great information below about some up-coming events so I will keep this short. Great to see your kiddos on Google Meets last week. Please tell them we miss seeing them in person!! :)
For next week, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., school is closed next Monday for all of our #onefamily. Canvas will not have any new assignments posted for Monday.
As always, please reach out if you or your kiddos need anything, need to talk to someone, need a resource, need counseling, or anything else that you may need to make it through these very difficult times.
Have a great week!
P.S. check out the latest morning announcements, the Dreambox and Lexia leader video for the month of December, and another virtual field trip video.
- National Park Service: All 4th graders and now for this year due to Covid, 5th graders and their families can get a free voucher to get into all National Parks. Click here for the voucher! This is a huge cost savings for families and a great way to spend a weekend out in nature! https://www.nps.gov/kids/fifthgrade.htm
- Newsletter from the Specialists: They send this every week, but I am just making sure that you see it. It is filled with great info from our incredible specialist team. https://www.smore.com/s9hwn
- Looking for Talents for Morning Announcements: We would love to showcase your kiddos' many talents on our morning announcements. Click here for more details.
- Information about Picture Days below.
- Material Pick-Up for Virtual Kiddos this Friday from 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Yoga Nights: Every Wednesday night in January, we will have yoga night for families at 5:00 PM with our very own Yoga instructor, Mrs. Puckett. :) Please join this great night of exercise and family fun by clicking on this code:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 983 2378 2670
This TUESDAY NIGHT: Love and Logic Parent Training: FREE!!!
“Parenting During Uncertain Times” and it’s happening LIVE Tuesday, January 12th.
We’ll provide solutions to current challenges facing families including:
• Parenting in the age of Covid
• Helping kids with anxiety, depression, worry and stress
• Helping kids stay motivated in virtual school
• Dealing with challenging behaviors
• Long-term effective parenting strategies
• Caring for your own mental health...
Click here to register for FREE
This event goes live at 8 PM EST / 5 PM PST.
So if you want to benefit from our 40 years of experience training parents, as well as Daniel's expertise as a mental health (and brain health) professional and Tana’s first-hand experience raising teenagers during the pandemic...
You’ll want to click here and join our live virtual seminar Tuesday!
Picture Day Information
For in-school students only on Jan. 27-28 during the school day. Kiddos who attend school in person will have picture day in person. Parents do not need to do anything for picture day. If you wish to order pictures, I will send out a form for you to be able to do so (I cannot locate what I did with it....I am sorry :( )
We will use all mitigation strategies and will have masks on up until the second we take the picture. This will be done in a very safe manner. A Conway staff member will be in place to support this and to ensure all mitigation strategies are in place.
For virtual students only on Jan. 25 from 11AM-6PM:
Click Here to sign up for a timeslot on the 25th:
Students wishing to purchase a picture package will have the opportunity to do so online after they sign up for a time and after picture day. Paper picture orders will not be accepted at the camera. All picture packages will be delivered via USPS shipping to a home address.
In order to maintain social distancing, the number of cameras provided will be sufficient to accommodate underclass enrollment. Due to Covid-19 guidelines, walk-ins will not be accepted at this time.
Instant IDs will be given to students on-site upon exiting the photography station. We ask your school's support in instructing students to enter the photography location through one set of doors and exit through a separate location/different set of doors.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for any questions from students/parents.
Victor O'Neill Studios has created a COVID-19 Underclass Photo Day which will allow schools to maintain fall picture day.
- All individuals including school staff, VOS photography staff, students and family members will be expected to wear facial coverings and adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
- Students wishing to purchase a picture package will have the opportunity to do so online both before and after picture day. Paper picture orders will not be accepted at the camera.
- All picture packages will be delivered via USPS shipping to a home address.
- Instant IDs will be given to students on-site upon exiting the photography location.
- FireHouse Subs Spirit Night: January 20, 2021 from 1PM-9PM. The flyer is attached to the email this newsletter was sent on.
- Please Join the PTA: Our PTA is incredible but they need YOU. Please consider joining at https://www.conwayespta.com/join. There are some perks as well besides just helping out Conway.
- Meals are free for all students from now until the end of the school year. Middle and High School kiddos can pick up meals at multiple pick up locations at the middle and high schools. Click HERE for more details.
How to Translate Smore
- How to Translate Smore newsletters: If you would like to translate this newsletter into another language, please click on these links for directions on how to do that. Directions in English click here. Directions in Espanol click here. Directions in Pashto click here . Directions in Dari click here.
FredFoodVA: Download this App to locate all of the food resources in the area.
- Family Resource Access Line - This free communication tool helps provide equitable access to SCPS resources. Families may leave a message for translators in seven native languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Pashto, Spanish, and Urdu. Translators will return your call in 2 business days. To access this service, please call (571) 492-9270.
- Keep Those Chromebooks Running: There are a few things you can do to make sure your Chromebooks are running at top speed:
To Update: Click HERE for a quick cheat sheet.
This feedback button will be here every week. Please use it to commend a teacher or staff member or provide feedback to help us get better at serving your family and kiddo.