The Parkway Press
A Newsletter for Parkway Families and Friends (August)
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” —Princess Diana.
Joining your Child for Lunch at School
- Parents will not be allowed to join your child for lunch until after Labor Day.
Why are we asking you to wait?
- We need the students to learn our routines, procedures, and expectations in the cafeteria.
- We want the students to socialize with their friends these first few weeks back to school. Lunch is a great opportunities to make new friends and catch up with old friends.
Shout Out to our new Faculty and Staff
Comm Aide: Mikayla Davis
Attendance Clerk: Cris Hoffman
ESL Aide: Leslie Hrabik
Back to School Update
- 4th and 5th gr. parents need to take care of the IPAD fee portion asap because their iPads will be disabled a few weeks after school starts if not done and paid, so don't delay!
- LISD Back to School Info: https://www.lisd.net/domain/10279
Kindness Begins with Me!
Kindness Week 2022 - 2023 is September 12-16. More information is coming soon!
Here are some ways you can help reinforce this at home:
Grade Level Orientation Nights
1st grade- August 24, 5:30 in cafeteria
2nd grade- August 18, 5:30 in cafeteria
3rd grade- August 17, 5:00 in cafeteria
4th grade- August 15, 5:00 in cafeteria
5th grade-August 22, 5:00 in classrooms
From Nurse Sandra
Please go into Skyward and complete the BACK TO SCHOOL FORMS. This is how we get they health information on our students.
School Counselor Corner
BACK TO SCHOOL BASH
Tuesday, Aug. 23 from 6-8pm
Heritage Park, Flower Mound
Tons of FUN! Sign up and join us for dinner! See the attached flyer for details.
JOIN PTA TODAY!
Show your Parkway Panther Pride by joining PTA today!
Sign up online at www.joinpta.org
You can also sign up using the flyer attached to the email.
Memberships are $10.
Please make checks payable to “Parkway PTA”.
Help make your child’s years at Parkway even more fun by volunteering with us. No task is too small.
Use this link to let us know how you’d like to help.
NEW Spirit Wear coming soon!!
LISD Communication Expectations
The Meal Rates for the 2022- 2023 School Year are: https://www.lisd.net/Page/25264
Elementary Paid Breakfasts: $1.35
Elementary Reduced Breakfasts: $0.30
Visitor/ Adult Breakfast: $2.50
Elementary Paid Lunches: $2.85
Elementary Reduced Lunches: $0.40
Visitor/ Adult Breakfast: $4.20