Holmes Elementary School - Week Ending - 8/31/2018
IMPORTANT DATES/THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Labor Day - NO SCHOOL - September 3
- Al Fresco Friday – September 7 – 3:15-4:15pm
- Al Fresco Friday - September 21, 3:15-4:15pm
- DINE OUT! Lou Malnati’s - Sept 17, 11:00am -11:00pm
- Picture Day - Monday, September 24
- Fall Carnival - September 29, 4:30-7:00pm
- Rain Date for Picture Day - Monday, October 1
- Community PTO Meeting, Link-To-Learning, Leader in Me! -Oct 17, 8:15-9:45am
- DINE OUT! Noodle's and Company - October 25, 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Trivia Night! - November 9, 7:00pm
Don't Be Late - Win Something Great!
Do you want to be entered to win great prizes? It’s easy, just come to school on time each day! This raffle is to encourage students to be on time for school. Students who arrive at school each day by 8:00 a.m. will have their name entered into the raffle. We will choose five names, and those students will be called down to the office to choose a prize! All prizes have been donated by various businesses/organizations in Oak Park as well as from our Holmes School PTO.
The first drawing will take place on Monday, October 1st.
Welcome to The Leader in Me
The Leader in Me provides our school with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each child discovers and develops their unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead. As leaders, they become active, engaged partners in their own education and their self-confidence, responsibility, and initiative grows. The children quickly understand the benefits of different gifts and talents; they learn to listen to new ideas, work together to achieve results, and motivate one another to be the best.
We are excited to share these new opportunities. Together, we will watch each and every child grow throughout the year.
Celebrate Holmes Staff
Families, have you noticed a Holmes teacher or staff member who deserves a compliment or a thank you? Has this person made a difference for your child? Please share the reason in a brief email to me (email@example.com) so that we may recognize and thank them!