4POINTS ACADEMY K-8 PRIVATE SCHOOL
A school that inspires academic & social growth
In this Newsletter, read about the following:
Who Are We? - A school that inspires academic and social growth
- School Overview
- Enrollment Open for January 2019
- 4PA Open House - Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Things to do in Austin over the Christmas Break
- 4PA/IQuest After-School Programs - Holiday Discount
Who Are We? A School that Inspires
4Points Academy provides a safe and nurturing environment, with teachers, guides, and programs that cater to the needs of each of our students.
The 4PA Community:
- Challenges our advanced learners
- Enables our students and teachers to work one-on-one and in small learning groups.
- Provides our teachers with the flexibility to focus on the academic and social needs of each individual student
- Provides opportunities for our advanced learners to participate in programs such as the John Hopkins Gifted and Talented Program
- Does not administer the STAAR exam
- Encourages and stimulates depth of knowledge in core subjects
- Promotes project-based and hands-on learning
- Exposes students to Enrichment activities (architecture, art, music, coding, sports)
- Develops proficiency by our students in foreign languages (Spanish and Chinese)
We are a community that is passionate about learning!
Through hands-on experiments, students learn science in a fun and engaging way. In Language Arts, students are exposed to creative writing, grammar, book study, handwriting, weekly spelling, etc. Our math curriculum includes Advanced Math and Singapore Math.
Our students are also provided instruction in touch typing, handwriting, coding & robotics, Music - Theory and Instrument, Art - multiple mediums, Chess, Sports-based Phys. Ed, Architecture for Kids, and other enrichment activities. Homeschoolers can register for Enrichment Fridays.
Spanish & Chinese
Students in our foreign language courses are taught to speak, read, and write at a proficient level. Students work to gain mastery in order to take the AP exam, and receive high school credit. Homeschoolers can register for Spanish instruction during school day.
January Enrollment Opportunity - New Year - Fresh Start
CHRISTMAS IN AUSTIN
After School Care - MindQuest
Afterschool care with our marque program, Mindquest - 3pm - 6pm -- offering homework help, playtime, and access to academic and enrichment classes. We help kids advance academically. Shuttle pick up available from area schools.
Enrichment classes - Spanish (incl. AP), Chinese Mandarin, Singapore Math, Programming/Coding, Art Exploration, Reading, Writing, , Story Book Creation, Handwriting, Organizational/Study Skills, Typing, and Chess.
Private and Semi-private Tutoring in Math (Gr. 1-12, incl. remedial, pre-AP, AP, Pace, DBl Pace), Language arts (incl. reading, writing, grammar, comprehension), and Spanish (incl. beginner's, middle school, high school, Adult).
After School Care - MindQuest
CALL US AT 512.537.7664 TO DISCUSS OPTIONS AND SCHEDULING
IQuest is our afterschool program which provides afterschool care, enrichment classes, and tutoring. IQuest also provides summer camps and other special programs for kids in the surrounding neighborhoods of Four Points, Lakeway, & Cedar Park. Call 512.537.7664 for info.