Espanol Y El Cerbro
Learn what your brain does when you learn a second lang.
3 yrs. vs. 18 yrs.
L2 which mean second language. Is best learned at age 2 + puberty. The ability to learn the language is legislatively affected by the completion of process of laterialization.
- Critical Period
- laterialization is when each side of the brain develops it's own specialized function.
- young learners use the same part of the brain that uses both sided to learn the language.
- young learners (before the age 5) are actually native speakers of both languages.
-Advantage of Young Learners
- There more likely to develop the native-like accent.
- Less to learn to be considered the language.
-Advantages of older learners
- Can constantly use strategies to learn the language.
- Has great control of output.
- Proficiency includes speaking, writing, discourse and strategies complete.
- takes 2-3 years to converse and understand a daily conversation.
- 4 to 10 years for the ability to read, write, speaker, and listen at a academic level.
- They can understand more than that can be produced.
- Can produce one to two words at a time.
- Will pick up chases (he cutted).
- If your a good writer in English you can be a good writer in Spanish.
Factors That Effects Second Language
- Access to the language
- First language development
- Quality of instructions
- Cognition ability