Welcome Back to Bel Aire!
Bi-Weekly Principal Newsletter: 2021-2022 School Year
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year--it's going to be a great one!
The first day of school is on Thursday, August 19th and instruction will take place in person. Log in to your Alma portal after 4:30 pm on the day before school to see class placement.
We couldn't be happier to bring students back to campus, and we will have multiple layers of protection in place to ensure student and staff safety. Our safety protocols follow the county Public Health guidelines and are not limited to the following:
- Students and staff will wear masks indoors and outdoors
- Stringent cleaning protocols in classrooms and other student areas
- Air quality assessments and optimization strategies
- Daily health self-assessment for staff and students. Those with symptoms will remain at home.
- Training for proper mask-wearing
- Covid testing and quarantine protocols
- Visitors to campus will be limited, vaccination required.
Click here for a full version of the Marin County School Guidelines.
I'm excited to partner with you on the Bel Aire team!
Principal John DiCosmo
For Your Calendar
Back to School Night
Thursday, Sep. 2nd, 6pm
277 Karen Way
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
New Staff Members
- Sarah Leipsic: PE Assistant
- Mindy Findtner: Instructional Assistant
If the names sound familiar, it's because both Sarah and Mindy have been BA staff members in various capacities. We're happy to have them back!
Schedule Information for Week 1
First Week School Hours
8:00am-1:35pm Thursday, August 19 (Early Release Day)
8:00am-2:35pm Friday, August 20
Regular School Hours
8:00-2:35pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00-1:35pm Wednesdays (Early Release Day)
First Day of School Reminders
Please be sure your child brings the following items:
- A healthy snack & lunch (Please do not send in any food or snacks containing nuts)
- Water bottle
- A comfortable and well-fitting face mask (we can provide if one is needed)
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (PE begins right away)
Choice Lunch service begins Monday, August 23. For the first two days of school, please be sure to send your child with a healthy snack, water bottle, and lunch. *Please do not send in any food or snacks containing nuts.
This handbook outlines some of our programs, policies and procedures, and the expected behavior for our community. It has been written by staff and students.
Forms to Complete
Buses will be running without physical distancing requirements. Masks will be required.