Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - February 18, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, February 18
End of Progress Report 6 - UIL Regain ONLY - from T2 failures
Maximize Your Monday! Jeans and a hoodie!
Dude Be Nice Week: Be Nice and Relax - Wear PJs!
Baseball: v Pearland Dawson @Travis 6:00 PM
PAST DUE DEADLINE: Turn in completed Faculty Graduation Gown form to Mrs. Grimm!
Tuesday, February 19
TIGER TUESDAY: Let's BLACK OUT the Cougars! Support Travis Hoops in Round 1 of the Playoffs!!
Positive Post-It Notes! Leave positive post-it notes on classroom and office doors! Encourage students to participate too! We will put extra post-its by mailboxes!
Boys Basketball Playoffs: @ Bridgeland vs Cinco Ranch 7:00
Softball: vs Clear Falls @THS
Boys Soccer: v Elkins @THS 4:30, 6:00, 7:30
Girls Soccer: @Elkins 5:30, 7:30
Orchestra: Pre UIL concert - Auditorium 7:00
Wednesday, February 20
College Wear Wednesday
Thursday, February 21
Good Luck to our Baseball Teams in Tournament Play!
Thankful Thursday - Bring a treat to a co-worker to thank them for their support!
Dude Be Nice Week: Thankful Thursday - have students write thank you notes!
Friday, February 22
It's FRIDAY, We Wear RED!!! Dude be Nice week Photo Booth Day! And FREE HUG Friday!
DEADLINE: Turn in completed Teacher Input Scheduling Form to Mrs. Diaz!
Good Luck to our Tennis Team in Alief ISD Tournament!
Softball: v Atascosita @THS 5:00, 6:30
Girls Soccer: v Dulles @THS 5:30, 7:30
Boys Soccer: @ Dulles 4:30, 6:00, 7:30
Mu Alpha Theta Math Competition: @THS 5:00 PM - Commons
Sunday, February 24
An Awesome TIGER SHOUT OUT to Mrs. Klopfenstein! Our beloved Mrs. K is a receptionist for over 2600 students, 210 Staffulty and countless Tiger Parents! Thank you for always doing this monumental job with a smile on your face and being positive every day!
Please print this form and complete and turn in to Mrs. Diaz by 02/22/19. Thank you!
Let's Celebrate Love and Kindness this Month!!
Don't forget to recognize your students with a POSITIVE OFFICE REFERRAL!!
Faculty Graduation Gown Form - Due February 15th
Moving Forward with Feedback - Thank you for sharing this extension of Friday's learning, Mrs. Franco!
As we incorporate more protocols and tools into our classrooms in order to support students with feedback, remember the 4 aspects we always aim for:
- The feedback process is intended to close gaps and help the learners achieve mastery of the learning goals.
- We want feedback to be actionable, so the learner knows what's next and can walk away from the feedback process understanding what they need to do next to continue to grow.
- Feedback needs to be specific - meaning that it aligns with the learning intentions, success criteria, and the learner experience. The student should know exactly what it is they are receiving feedback on.
- If we want to be sure that the feedback is effective it must timely- meaning it’s provided in a timeframe that allows the student to make adjustments to their work as quickly as possible. The more time that exists between work that is created and feedback that is given, the less meaning the feedback will have.
Donate to Decision Day! Wear Jeans!
Decision Day will be held on April 26th this year and we are working hard to get some fun donations for our seniors! If anyone has it in their heart to donate for Decision Day – we would LOVE it! Some ideas might be college dorm items, gift cards, coffee maker, food gift cards, gas gift cards, or laundry items (they may not realize they want this yet) lol
ANY donations are welcome and much appreciated!
PLUS – JEANS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH for anyone who donates by March 1st!
Bring donations to Mrs. Martinez in E138!
This is just a friendly reminder....if you are submitting a teacher correction via email or an APPROVED extra curricular activity, PLEASE make sure to send it thru to our attendance email at:
Professional Growth Opportunity through Peer Observation!
To have your name added to the Tiger Board (volunteering to allow others into your classroom), please use this link or add your name to the Tiger Board in the front office behind the mailboxes: https://goo.gl/forms/7jK0Im7OS0bvqDSD2
If you or your PLC would like to observe classrooms, please use this request link: https://goo.gl/forms/qLZNDRfCTr4w4vOq2
Reminders for Students
Change in Grading Guidelines for THIS Semester
NEW SECONDARY Grading Guidelines for each nine week period
- 9 daily
- 3 major
- What absences count towards exemptions? All absences coded E and U will be counted towards exemption totals. T and L will also count - 3 tardies/lates equals 1 absence for exemption purposes.
Don't Forget to Sign Up for your Biometric Screening!
Staffulty Tiger Pride Points!
Points will be rewarded for school events, participation, attendance, and academics! Each “event” is worth 25 points!
· Any Travis Tiger Football Game
· Any HOME game for all sporting events
· Any Fine Arts Concert or Performance
· Homecoming Pep Rally—Monday, October 1st
· Participation in any theme or spirit day!
· College Wear Wednesday!
· Fridays We Wear RED!
· Perfect Attendance (monthly)
· Perfect Attendance to Duty (9 weeks)
· Attending additional duties for school events
· Other events to be added—stay tuned for more information!
· COVERING A CLASS – WORTH 50 POINTS!!!
Staffulty will be awarded their points by an administrator via your staff ID number. Mrs. Martinez can also award points for College Wear Wednesday—she will be in all lunches those days for kids! Remember—
whoever is awarding the points will have to see you!! Points for covering classes, perfect attendance and duty attendance will be uploaded automatically.
Staffulty may check their point total online using their ID via the portal on our website and linked in the
TIGER PRIDE points– Staffulty Edition—will offer an array of prizes and privileges to our staffulty members! It is a FUN way to get involved and enjoy the year!
Table Top Exercise
Faculty Meetings (TELPAS Training)
Department Leader Meeting
End of 3rd 9 weeks
PR 7 Ends
STAAR EOC English 1
SAT School Day
STAAR EOC English 2
Good Friday Holiday - No School
Student Holiday - Professional Development Day
ALL THINGS ADVISORY
9th grade Access Code: 9RPJK-MPNR7
10th grade Access Code: MTPC8-VJHXW
11th grade Access Code: 6P8DB-Q3QXP
12th grade Access Code: VWF3J-W62C3
Weekly Advisory Lesson Plans are located in the 3rd 9 weeks folder of your appropriate Schoology Course under the appropriate dated week. You MUST log in and JOIN the correct Schoology course to access the videos and materials for this week's lessons.
REMINDER! Power Points should be downloaded to computer from Schoology to view embedded videos and hear the voice overs!
Fridays We Wear RED - Tiger Pride Points Link