Lake Asbury Junior High School
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year
Student Orientation - Friday, August 11th
7th Grade Orientation TIme - 1 pm to 2 pm
8th Grade Orientation TIme - 2:15 pm to 3:15 pm
The purpose of Orientation is to meet your teachers, gather additional supply lists, and familiarize yourself with your schedule. We will host our Open House the evening of August 22nd where parents will learn more about the student's teachers and classroom setup.
- Schedule Changes - unless there is an error in the schedule, schedule changes will not occur. Elective classes do not have unlimited space and students may not be assigned to their first choice elective. Every effort was made to provide students with their top elective choices either in the Fall or Spring semesters.
Students may pick up a schedule change request form in our front office. The forms should be filled out completely and turned back in to the the appropriate box. Schedule change requests will be reviewed, but please remember that in most instances, a schedule change will not be granted.
- PE uniforms will be for sale in our school gym for $20.
- Our Parent Volunteer Organization will be selling Student Bundle Packs, which include LAJH t-shirts. Our PVO will also have a sign-up sheet for parents interested in volunteering at our school.
- Locker Rentals will occur through student's 4th period class during the first week of school. The cost to rent a locker is $5.00. Only LAJH locks may be used on lockers. PE Lockers can be purchased for $5.00, as well.
Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Please drop off your students in front of our cafeteria. All students on campus prior to 9:20 must report to the cafeteria. We ask that you do not drop off or pick up your children in front of the gym or administration building. When students arrive on campus prior to the 9:20 bell, they must report to the cafeteria.
The first week or two of school always finds our parent pick-up line running a little slower than normal. For safety reasons, we ask that you pick-up your student in front of the cafeteria. Once students and parents are used to the routine, the line moves quickly and safely, and we generally have all cars through the line by 3:50.
- Please pull forward and remain in your vehicle.
- Please do not pass while in the parent pickup or drop-off areas.
- Please have your student enter/exit the vehicle through the passenger doors.
We also ask that you do not park next to the road as we feel this is a dangerous situation for you, your student, and other drivers.
Please follow the traffic map below in order to ensure an efficient and safe pick-up process.