Lake Asbury Junior High School
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year
Student Orientation - Friday, August 10th
7th Grade Orientation TIme - 1 pm to 2 pm
8th Grade Orientation TIme - 2:15 pm to 3:15 pm
The purpose of Orientation is to meet your teachers, gather additional supply lists, and familiarize yourself with your schedule. We will host our Open House the evening of August 21st, starting at 5:30 pm, where parents will learn more about the student's teachers and classroom setup.
- Schedule Changes - unless there is an error in the schedule, schedule changes will not occur. Elective classes do not have unlimited space and students may not be assigned to their first choice elective. Every effort was made to provide students with their top elective choices either in the Fall or Spring semesters.
Students may pick up a schedule change request form in our front office. The forms should be filled out completely and turned back into the appropriate box. Schedule change requests will be reviewed, but please remember that in most instances, a schedule change will not be granted.
- PE uniforms will be for sale in our school gym for $20. The district is no longer accepting checks, so please plan accordingly.
- Students are REQUIRED to wear a student ID at all times. IDs will be provided to our students on the first day of school. We will have lanyards for purchase for $3.00. Please read more information concerning student IDs in the newsletter below.
- Our cafeteria will be open so you may place money in your student's lunch account if you would like.
- Our Parent Volunteer Organization will be selling Student Bundle Packs, which include LAJH t-shirts. Our PVO will also have a sign-up sheet for parents interested in volunteering at our school.
- Locker Rentals will occur through student's 4th-period class during the first week of school. The cost to rent a locker is $5.00. Only LAJH locks may be used on lockers. PE Lockers can be purchased for $5.00, as well.
New For 2018-2019 - Students Must Wear IDs
Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
Please drop off your students in front of our cafeteria. All students on campus prior to 9:20 must report to the cafeteria. We ask that you do not drop off or pick up your children in front of the gym or administration building. When students arrive on campus prior to the 9:20 bell, they must report to the cafeteria.
The first week or two of school our parent pick-up line typically runs a little slower than normal as students and parents learn the car line routine. For safety reasons, we ask that you pick-up your student in front of the cafeteria. Once students and parents are used to the routine, the line moves quickly and safely, and we generally have all cars through the line by 3:50.
- Please pull forward and remain in your vehicle.
- Please do not pass while in the parent pickup or drop-off areas.
- Please have your student enter/exit the vehicle through the passenger doors.
We also ask that you do not park next to the road as we feel this is a dangerous situation for you, your student, and other drivers.
Please follow the traffic map below in order to ensure an efficient and safe pick-up process.
Glow the Night Away Back to School Dance
Many students come to the dances to hang out with friends in a supervised space. While we will have a DJ, dancing is not required.