Seeds of Knowledge
VOL. 2, Issue 23 March 18, 2016
Fluffing Your Branches
KUDOS to all of those who
- have completed the online survey!!
- attended the JEPL for PARCC information!!
- attended the Probationary Teacher Professional Learning session offered by Ms. Beser regarding Mindfulness!
- And HUGE KUDOS to Ms. Beser for taking on a number of extra duties this week!
- PARCC Testing questions should be directed to Mr. Holley and Ms. O'Hara.
- Be sure to look at the 2 PAID Professional Learning opportunities listed below!
- We would love to analyze student work with you and use it to plan up coming lessons. Please reach out to your mentors.
- We are also looking for creative ways to engage and motivate all students. Let us know if you would like to chat more about this!
- How are your SLOs progressing? Schedule a data collection or a conversation with your mentor to prepare for the end of year SLO analysis.
Organizing Your Growth
3/21 JEPL - BYOT--bring your device to authenticate to the network
3/21 RELA Planning (after school)
3/22 Differentiated Planning-PD opportunity--(SIT PD Committee)
3/24-28 Schools closed--Spring Break!!
3/29 Department Meetings
4/1 First Friday
4/5 Faculty Meeting
4/6 Goucher College Cohort Info. Session: 5 pm @ CEO, RSVP requested (click for link)
4/8 End of 3rd Quarter
5/1 Resignation deadline for Untenured Teachers (click for link)
NEW OPPORTUNITY--Introduction to ActiveInspire
The instructional technology team is happy to announce a workshop specifically designed for teachers in their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year with HCPS: Introduction to ActivInspire Workshop.
This workshop is designed for participants who have limited or no experience with interactive whiteboard technologies and are interested in developing a basic understanding of the Promethean ActivInspire software.
Location: BAHS Computer Labs A219 and A220
This will be a PAID experience ($20/hr.)
Dates: Participants MUST attend all three workshop dates
· Tuesday, April 5th
· Tuesday, May 3rd
· Tuesday, May 17th
To register for the workshop click here.