Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
October 13th, 2015
Please make sure to read the important information below for updates for the week. I do not mind answering questions, but often times many questions I receive throughout the week are answered for you by staying informed and reading the information below.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Be sure to check the October due dates below. MANY items are due at your QAC: work samples, TGA's, composition, etc. Please read below and "SS" for samples and guidelines.
- Your student should have access to use a microphone for our classes. If your microphone is not working please contact K12 for support. It is important for your student to be able to communicate with me via a microphone in our classes.
- Sign up for a Weekly Olympian date for one of our Monday Homeroom Sessions. "SS"
- If you feel comfortable please email me a photo of your child and family. I will not see the students as often as I would like, and it would be great to look at the photos to help remember everyone between our visits.
- Resources for anyone that is new to CAVA or returning families that need additional help please see “New to CAVA." We are here to help you!
- All CAVA Outings will be posted on a main CAVA Outings Website. See "CAVA Outings" for more information.
- Check out the PE section for PE logs.
- These weekly updates are also on the site
Did you forget how to log attendance? Just go to the OLS area and click on the “All Things OLS” to find many documents. There is a document that explains how to log attendance, as well as many other documents for frequently asked questions parents/LCs may have.
Did you lose your email with the liability and photo release form? That is on there too!
Want to log onto the OLS? Get to it from the link on our site.
Class Connect Sessions
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m.
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited to 1-3 classes per week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan by Monday afternoon for Tuesday Language Arts class. Links to the math classes on Th/F will appear by Wednesday afternoon. Make sure to check the schedule for changes each week. Students are chosen based on unmastered lessons in the weekly plan for lessons already covered in class connects. If your student is not mastering Language Arts and Math lessons and is ahead of the class connect schedule I would highly encourage them to align their lessons with the class connect schedule so that they receive the direct instruction help they need as they move through the lessons.
- Language Arts Student Support for our class with Mrs. Mulvaney: Tuesdays 12-1p.m.
- Math Student Support for our class with Mrs. Berger: Thursdays 10:00-11:00a.m.
- Math Student Support for our class with Mrs. Berger: Fridays 10:00-11:00a.m.
Students may also have sessions assigned from their Intervention, SPED/Speech, or ELD teachers if they receive additional services. If sessions overlap the ones assigned by Intervention, SPED/Speech, or ELD should be the first priority for the student to attend. If you are missing classes for this reason make sure I am aware of the conflict and the reason for your absence in our scheduled classes.
Mark Your Calendars
1st Quarter: September 1st to November 4th
- 1st LP1 PE Log Due 9/1-9/29
- 12th Columbus Day- No School
- Q1 Work Samples Due bring to our QAC- Original Work
Math, Science, History, Art and Music (if applicable)
- Composition Due bring to our QAC- “Personal Narrative” Unit 2 Pre-writing & Final Paper
- Math TGA Due bring to our QAC- Unit 3 Lesson 13
- 23rd-November 1st Red Ribbon Week
- 26th Anti-Bullying Assembly 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. in place of Homeroom Class Connect
- 26th Academic Olympics- iReady “Olympic Trials” this week
- 10/26-11/7 Semester 1 In-Person Quarterly Academic Conference Window
- 10/26-11/7 Watch Class Connect Recorded Sessions, no live class connect classes or student support sessions.
- 30th LP2 PE Log Due 9/30-10/28
2nd Quarter: November 5th to January 27th
- 11th Veteran's Day- No School
- 13th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 6
- 25th-28th Thanksgiving Break
- 26th Mark your calendars! Thanksgiving morning the CAVA Gobblers are running (or walking) the Dana Point Turkey Trot 5K! I hope you can join us in this event I am planning as a CAVA outing. See symbaloo for more details and even a training plan! What a great way to get some PE minutes!
- 4th LP3 PE Log Due 10/29-12/1
- 21st-January 1st Winter Break
- 15th LP4 PE Log Due 12/2-1/12
- 15th PE Semester 1 Assignment Due
- 15th Q2 Work Samples Due- Original Work
- 15th Composition Due- “Persuasive” Unit 4 Pre-writing & Final Paper
- 15th Math TGA Due- Unit 5 Lesson 13
- 15th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 9
- 15th History Writing Assignment Due- Unit 5
- 18th Martin Luther King Day- No School
- 24th-29th National School Choice Week
- 27th End of Quarter 2 / 1st Semester
- 29th LP5 PE Log Due 1/13-2/17