School Library System
June 12, 2015
A Note From Jen and Jane
We hope that you all enjoy your last few days with students for the 2014-2015 school year!
Interlibrary Loan Statistics for June
Statistics are collected in January and again in June and are reported to New York State's Division of Library Development.
Summer Reading for Librarians
Join a discussion of Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman! - August 6th at Amsterdam Free Library
This summer join ENYSLMA members for an exciting discussion of Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.
A Request from Paige Jaeger
Please answer the one question survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5TB537R
We are trying to "crowdsource" answers - speculation- as to what you believe the "FUTURE OF LEARNING" and instruction will look like. This can be anonymous or with your name. Please consider taking a moment to add your speculation.
Answers may be featured in an article for School Library Connection (the new LMC- SLM merger)
(Or, if you'd rather...just email me in reply!)
More OverDrive Updates
From our friends at OverDrive:
New on your OverDrive digital library website
- Two new options are available as an account setting:
- Users with dyslexia can change the default font of the website to a dyslexic font, which is designed with a heavy-weighted bottom to increase readability. The font was recently added to the OverDrive app as an option for reading eBooks.
- Users with visual impairments can change the colors used at the website to high contrast for better definition between text and style elements.
Note: Users can only turn on one of these settings at a time. Additionally, the dyslexic font is not available on the Hebrew, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, or Traditional Chinese multilingual user interface.
- The holds page and title details page have been updated to better display a user’s position on the waiting list, considering number of copies (including Advantage copies, if applicable).
- The help page has been updated to use section headings for easier navigation.
Coming soon to OverDrive Read
- The OverDrive Read menu is getting a new look to match OverDrive Listen. The menu will slide out from the left. You’ll be able to access the menu on larger screens by pressing the familiar “Menu” button at the top of the screen, or on smaller screens by tapping the center of the screen, then the hamburger icon.
- In the “Readability Settings,” you’ll be able to select the “Assistive” book design to turn on dyslexic font in the eBook’s text.