by panayiota theodore
About Marian Anderson
- She was born February 27, 1897. She died April 8, 1993.
- When she was six years old she became a choir member at Union Baptist Church.
- At age 12 her father died.
- Her quote is "leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it."
- She was the first African American singer to perform at the Metropolitan Oprah in New York City.
- She died of congestive heart failure at 96.
- She earned the nickname "Baby Contralto".
- Two character traits are: talented and brave.
Marian Anderson - Ave Maria