Thinking Like da Vinci...A Genius in All of Us!
Who comes to mind when asked about a genius in history? Would you consider Leonardo da Vinci as a genius? I have been thinking about this quote over the summer by the author How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci.
“We have more possibilities, more freedom, more options than any people who have ever lived. Yet there is more junk, more mediocrity, more garbage to sort through than ever too. For seekers who wish to cut through the dross, to find deeper levels of meaning, beauty, and quality of life, Leonardo da Vinci-the patron saint of independent thinkers - beckons you onward!” Michael J. Gelb
After we explore the life of da Vinci during professional development in August, you too may add da Vinci to your genius list. This is a new year for Greens Prairie Elementary! This August staff development we are going to take time to study the maestro himself. Through this study, it is my hope that he will inspire and challenge us to indeed think like da Vinci as we begin a new masterpiece this year!
Quest for Learning
Okay, we hopefully won't encounter tsunamis or icebergs, but the August professional development will hopefully equip you to navigate a successful year. Please sign up for each session by clicking the links below.
- Thursday, 8/9/18, we will meet as a district at Central Baptist Church at 8:30. We will sit together as a campus. Wear your gray/purple polo shirts. Carpooling is encouraged (team carpool karaoke?).
- After the district kickoff, we will meet on campus ready to go in the cafeteria at 11:45. Please eat lunch before 11:45.
- We will wear our black polos for Meet the Teacher.
- Please see the week's overview with staff development links in blue: https://tinyurl.com/yc6cg3qw
- Dress is casual for professional development days- shorts/jeans/capris ok.
- Please note that Monday we will be on a staff field trip with lunch provided.
SCHOOL FAMILY SCRAPBOOK
- Sara Lake will be teaching 3rd grade ELA. She will partner with Morgan Gibbs. Sara will remain in her classroom, room 206.
- Terrie Samuelson is coming to us from Southwood Valley! Terrie was teaching kindergarten. She will be teaching the 2nd grade self-contained class in room 201. Welcome Terrie!
- Callie Craigen will be teaching kindergarten, room 503.
- Joshua Rhine will be teaching 4th grade this year, room 404.
- Makayla Walker will be joining us as the math assistant. Makayla was a faithful sub for us last year! Welcome Makayla!
- Room Locations: Tutt (SPED), room 110; Kristen Miles & Sarah Bowles (SPED), room 411