Read All About It!
Mrs. Illi & Mrs. Yula's Kindergarten Classroom Newsletter
February 7, 2016
Welcome a New PM Student to Our Class!
Calling All Shoe Boxes!
How Are the 100th Day Projects Coming Along?
What Have We Been Up To?
- We sorted anything we could get our hands on last week! Sorting by color, size, shape, pattern, etc. is a really important Kindergarten skill. So, get that laundry out and let your child sort some socks!
- Dd, Kk
- We used our heads, hips, and toes to sound out three letter words like hat, fox, and bit.
High Frequency Words
- I, am, the, little, a, to, have, is, my, we, have, like he, for, me, she, with, see, look
- We wrote about our families, recognizing that families come in all shapes and sizes.
Books We've Been Reading
- Anansi, Boundless Grace, A Chair for My Mother, Groundhog Day, Happy Valentine's Day Mouse!
- Cause & Effect
2/8 & 2/9 - Early Dismissal Days - Parent/Teacher Conferences
2/8 & 2/9 - Send Snack to School - Cafeteria Closed
2/10 - 100th Day of School Projects Due
2/11 - Valentine's Day Class Party
2/12 - In-Service - School Closed for Students
2/15 - School Closed
2/16 - 100th Day of School
2/19 - School Spirit Day - Pajama Day
2/20 – Talent Show at PVS Show #1 @2pm Show #2 @5pm
2/26 – School Spirit ―School Color Day‖
2/29 - Wear Your Favorite Hat in Honor of the Cat in the Hat