Advertise with Behind the Line
Would you like more local exposure to new customers?
The Behind the Line Consulting group works on behalf of local restaurants that we know add flavor to the Portland scene. It makes us sad to see how so many deserving restaurants get overlooked because of the lack of a grandiose PR budget. We are locals ourselves, and that's why we've put together these offerings to drive customers to your door and get you some recognition.
What we can offer and how we can help.
Award-Winning Food Writing
Featured article in About Face Magazine
For 795 you will receive a half-page article in About Face Magazine. You will be interviewed, have professional photos taken, and will be showcased in both print and online in our interview website called Chit Chat Chew.
Story Series posted to ChitChatChew.com
Chit Chat Chew.com is an online website dedicated to the social dining community. Articles posted here are highly shareable on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. www.chitchatchew.com Articles and the site are also promoted through various vehicles on social media to alert readers interested in getting a greater understanding of the food scene and more.
Ask us about writing a long-form story series for about your establishment that will appear on Chit Chat Chew.com, be reposted on social media networks, and ignite a conversation with your customers. We also produce wine and dine events geared towards young professional networks and unique events like The Ultimate Chef Photo Shoot.
Starting at 395.
NW Food and Wine GUIDE
- Search by type of restaurant or by zip code.
- Display your menu and photos in full color.
- Designed for mobile experience.
- Promote and control your own special gatherings and events.
- Promote and control your own deals and specials.
395 for two pages in the NW Food and Wine Guide.
Listing on the Explore Local Mobile App
You'll look better than your ideal website. This mobile app already has been downloaded tens of thousands of times and is being recommended to customers by local hotels and establishments. It is growing exponentially, and the quality of the design shows why. You'll also be featured online at the chooselocal.com index.
Some restaurants say that they've gotten hundreds of new customers with this app from sidewalk traffic alone. You know those folks wandering the streets looking at their phones? They might be looking for a place to eat! Let them know that they're only a block away so they can see what you have to offer.
Your hours, phone number, your website, and your photos will be listed on the app. We'll also do a write-up for you and help you to create deals that push your business to the top of the listings. A potential customer can spot a deal and call your number to schedule a reservation, all from the application itself.
Ask us about becoming a client
Ask us about:
- Social Media and Email Marketing Campaigns
- Professional-grade photography and videos
- Press Releases sent to over 250 local media outlets.
- Website Development
- Getting into new markets with targeted deals
- Filling empty tables during slow times
- Event Production
- Wine List Consultation
- Supplier Research
We are stalwarts of the local food and wine industry, with experience ranging from marketing campaigns to customer engagement to fostering relationships with suppliers. Do you have a question about improving your business? We have the answer.
- Tina Curry, producer of the Northwest Food and Wine Festival & the Monterey Wine Festival and the "Chef is in the House" Gathering Series.
- Pamela Heiligenthal, Restauranteur, Certified Sommelier and co-founder of award-winning website http://enobytes.com.
- Jennifer Heigl, co-owner of Zen Kitchen Catering, author of "Career Diary of a Caterer" and editor of http://www.dailyblender.com/
- Marc Hinton, Author, Restaurant Consultant and co-founder of award-winning website http://enobytes.com.
- Kate Bovarnick, managing editor of http://www.chitchatchew.com.
We produce the annual Northwest Food and Wine Festival now in it's 10th year, and the annual 40th Annual Monterey Wine Festival. We count producers,suppliers, authors, industry leaders and restaurateurs,celebrity chefs and others among our clientele.
395 per month for a 6 month contract gives you all of the above advertising, as well as several weekly social media posts, press releases, being featured at and local food festivals, and an original marketing campaign.
Let's find a relationship that works for your establishment-- what are you looking for in a marketing agency? Contact us at 1-800-422-0251