Genuis Hour Project
By: Allen Rucker & Jordan Scott
- Doctors take cells samples from blood and saliva.
- Blood Cells- Doctors use shots to remove blood for research and sometimes insert needles into veins directly taking out blood cells. They can also use a finger prick, this is one of the most common use for blood samples used by kid pediatricians.
- Saliva- Doctors use mouth swabs mainly to take out cell samples.
Heart attack stages (symptoms)
- People who are about to have a heart attack usually experience extreme pressure of the chest.
- Blood pressure is not a reliable source to predict a heart attack, but can be used to predict a heart attack. During a heart attack there is a purple muscle.
- This purple muscle is a muscle that has died from a lack of oxygen.
- People having a heart attack usually experience a light head feeling in the head, nausea, extreme fatigue, fainting, dizziness, and pressure in the upper back.
- Blood count can also lead to diseases in the blood which can cause blood clots in the blood stream.
Umbrella Filter (IVC Filter)
- Blood clots develop in veins in the leg of pelvis.
- Occasionally, the blood clot breaks up and the larger pieces travel to the lungs or heart.
- The IVC filter traps the large blood clot fragments and prevent them from going to the lungs or heart, where they could cause severe complications or even death.
- Stem cells have the remarkable potential to develop into many different cell types in the body during early life and growth. - "Stem Cell Basics." : Introduction [Stem Cell Information]. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 May 2016.”
- Stem cells have the wonderful ability to change into another cell type and replace new ones.
- Medications are used to help prevent heart attacks by lowering certain amounts of fluid in the body.
- Anti-platelet agent
- Other thinning medications
- Pain relievers
- Beta blockers
- ACE inhibitors
The chemicals in nicotine harm your blood cells. They also can damage the function of your heart and the structure and function of your blood vessels. This damage increases your risk of plaque build up.
As you can clearly see in this chart heart attacks are most common in men. Men are dominant especially in there middle aged guys have more heart attacks.
Cardiac Arrest and Heart Attack
Procedure to predict and prevent in middle aged adults (created from research)
* This is a whole procedure that Jordan and I have concluded from our research
Some Tips from the Doctors
-Blood cells are propelled in to a network of blood vessels 75,000 miles long.
-Plaque in the heart can be as big as a grain of sand to cause a heart attack.
-The heart pumps enough blood to fill 40 barrels each day.
-Women are more likely to die from a heart attack because they typically have higher blood pressure.
-Every 43 seconds a person has a heart attack in the U.S
CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
U.S Department of Health
American Heart Association