Week of May 2, 2016
School Announcements & Updates
Open Enrollment Meeting
Please sign up in the office if you are interested in attending the Open Enrollment Meeting on May 16 at 3:30 pm.
The Lancaster Education Foundation (LEF) would like to recognize a “Most Valuable Person” or MVP from each school. That individual will be invited, along with a significant other, to a catered dinner in the Hess's BBQ Picnic Pavilion at the ballpark during SDoL Night at the Barnstormers on Tuesday, May 31st. Please submit your nomination by May 5, 2016.
Tuesday 5/3, Wednesday 5/4, and Thursday 5/5: I will be out of the building but do have substitute coverage. These are the dates for the district music practices. Once I have collected the permission forms I will send you a list with the 4th and 5th grade students who will be joining me on those days.
Monday 5/23: Lancaster Symphony will be returning to McCaskey to put on a performance for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. I will send out more details on this in another email.
Have a wonderful day! Once again, please let me know if you are able to attend/help with the concert as soon as you can. Thank you!
END OF YEAR 1:1 Meetings
Please use the link to schedule your End of the Year Meeting with Mrs. Mercado. If you have any questions please contact the office. All staff members should sign up for a time. More details will be forthcoming.
MAY 2016 DIBELS TESTING SCHEDULE
Morning Meeting Focus: RESPECTFUL & RESPONSIBLE -bathroom
District Updates & Announcements
1. The McCaskey Art Department is excited to announce our students were chosen as one of the top 50 finalists in the VANS Shoe Design Competition. Four themes needed to be addressed on four different styles of shoes: art, music, local flavor (Red Rose City) and individual action sport. Voting for McCaskey at VANS Custom Culture is now open and you can vote daily between now and May 11. If our students are in the top 5 they will be flown to California and honored at a reception. The winner receives $50,000 for the school!
Vote now at: http://vanscustomculture.votenow.tv/
See someone going above and beyond...in addition to the paper version of the Staff Spotlight found in the main office here is a link that can also be used to celebrate each other…it can be completely anonymous and there is also a spot for choice on how you feel the celebration should be shared.
A monthly drawing will happen for spotlighted staff to win a PRIZE!
Food For Thought...
- Teacher appreciation week- see above schedule
- Mercado Out
- PBIS Implementers Forum- Staff members out
- PBIS Implenters Forum- Staff members out
- College Day- Wear a College shirt & wear jeans for free!
- National Nurses' Day
May 10- Career Fair
May 12- 5th Grade DC Trip
May 13-2nd Grade Field Trip
May 16- 5th Grade Lincoln Middle School Orientation
May 19th 1st Grade Field Trip
May 20th- Wellness Run
May 23- Lancaster Symphony Orchestra-3rd-5th
May 24- Kindergarten Hands On House
May 26-3rd Grade Trip to Musser Park
May 27th- Wickersham Family Carnival
May 31-5th Grade-County Park
June 3rd- Tentative Field Day
Johnson- 5/12Morgan- 5/23
N. Miller- 5/25