December News #readytofly
A Note from Mrs. Phillips
Dear Hornet Families,
Wow, December is upon us and the completion of the 2023 year is just days away. I want to take some time to highlight what we have coming up in December.
- NWEA and mid-year testing is currently taking place. Scores will be shared with semester report cards.
- Grades 1-3 will perform Believe, a holiday musical, on December 14th.
- Our kindergarten classes will have a Winter Concert on Dec. 21st.
- CMS choir will present holiday songs to our entire building.
- CHS SAC will present Caring as our next RICHER principle. They will be making holiday cards to share with our community.
- Semester 1 ends Dec. 22nd and all assignments must be turned in. PLEASE monitor your child's grades on Powerschool so you are not surprised when report cards are delivered.
- PTO Santa Shop will be open Dec. 5th-7th and all items are $2.00.
We know this time of year can be very difficult for staff, students and families. We often see many behaviors of concern the closer we get to winter break. I am sad to say that we have had some pretty big behaviors this week, here at FCE. Please help us by talking to your student about work ethic. It's not just about getting the work done but doing their personal best in all they do.
We must also think about our actions and being accountable for what we say and do. There have been many times when disrespect is shown towards adults and peers. This is not an acceptable behavior and will be dealt with through the disciplinary process. We love and serve your students on a daily basis. We teach strategies and coping skills to handle trauma and outside barriers. We need your help in keeping your students accountable for what they say and do. School should always be a safe and enjoyable learning environment. Thank you for talking to your student about respect and work ethic!
Save the date! January 12th will be our semester 1 award ceremony. We will invite parents, guardians and special guests to attend. Grades K-2 will begin at 8:00 while grades 3-6 will follow at 10:00 am. We hope you can come and celebrate academic excellence!
My goal is to be as transparent as possible as your leader. If there is anything we can do better, please let me know. You can always message me on Dojo, Facebook or Twitter. I am also available by email and phone. I will return your communication within 24 hours. Have a great month of December!
Be kind, be amazing, and ALWAYS be ready to F.L.Y.!
12/5-7: PTO Santa Shop
12/7: Spice it up Discovery with Chartwells during lunch
12/13: Music Concert practice for grades 1-3
12/14: Holiday Musical for grades 1-3 @ 6:00 pm
12/14: LSP food pantry open 4:00-6:00 pm
12/14 & 15: Bookmobile
12/21: Kindergarten Christmas Concert
12/25-1/5: Winter Break
Believe: Holiday Musical performed by Grades 1-3
Please join us at Robert E. Wise auditorium for a combined musical with Grandview Elementary. Students need to arrive at the auditorium by 5:45. Please pick up at the designated location as communicated by Miss Corum.
November Students of the Month
Home of the Hornets
Mrs. Kirsten Phillips
Follow directions, Listen and learn, Your personal best
Location: 2928 North County Road 225 West, Connersville, IN, USA