The school's Uniform Swap is an opportunity to pick up gently used uniform items for your student! You do not need to "swap" - though we will happily take outgrown uniform items off your hands if you have them (we just ask that the items are laundered and in good condition).
Our wonderful PTO sponsors these swaps and Anna Roberts (William, gr. 3) is the organizational point person for this event.
Please stop by the school on Sunday, August 14 from 10 am - 12 pm if you are in need of uniform items and/or you have items to contribute!
PK & K Meet and Greet
Attention Parishioners of Blessed Sacrament Parish: Meeting with Fr. Jon
Where: Blessed Sacrament Church
When: Thursday, August 25 @ 4 pm
Why: Registered parishioners of Blessed Sacrament parish may be eligible for tuition assistance at both Bishop Marshall School and Rice Memorial High School.
Modified First Week of School Schedules ONLY for PK3, PK4, and K
PK3 and PK4
Half day for half of the class, see email from PK teachers; dismissal is 12:30.
Half day for other half of the class, see email from PK teachers; dismissal is 12:30.
Half day for all PK students; dismissal is 12:30.
Full day for all PK students; dismissal is 3:00.
August 29 and August 30
Half the class will attend for the full day on both days, see email from K teacher.
August 31 and September 1
The other half of the class will attend for the full day on both days, see email from K teacher.
First Week of School Info and Beyond
PK3 and PK4: drop-off begins at 7:45 am and concludes at 8:00 am.
K-8: drop-off begins at 7:30 am and concludes at 8:00 am.
- Parents of students in PK3 and PK4 (along with older siblings) may enter at the Manosh Early Childhood entrance with their student during morning drop-off (7:45 am - 8:00 am), as parents must sign-in their PK student each day. Once the PK student is signed in, parents with older siblings may accompany their older student to the K-8 section of the school. Parents of older siblings also have the option to depart after signing in their PK student and allow the older sibling to proceed to the K-8 section of the school independently. (see modified schedule for PK3 and PK4 for first week above)
- Parents of students in grades K-8 may walk their child into the K-8 entrance of the building during morning drop-off (7:30 am - 8:00 am). Parents of students in grades K-8 also have the option to drop-off their student in front of the K-8 entrance of the school.
- Students in grades K-8 who arrive between 7:30 am and 7:50 am will report to the multi-purpose room where they will be supervised until dismissed to their homerooms at 7:50 am. K-8 students arriving between 7:50 am - 8:00 am may walk directly to their homerooms.
First Day of School Family Pictures
We have a fun tradition on our first day of school! We take first day of school photos of students with their family members at arrival. Students and families entering either through the PK wing or through the main entrance will have their first day photo taken by a designated BJAMS staff person. If your student's first day is Tuesday or Wednesday, fear not! We will take the first day photo on one of those days.
Medication Drop Off
PK-8 Dismissal begins at 3:00 pm and concludes at 3:15 pm.
- PK parents can enter at the Manosh Early Childhood entrance to sign out their child. PK parents may then proceed to the K-8 area of the school to retrieve older siblings.
- K-8 parents can enter the school through the K-8 entrance and retrieve their child at their child's homeroom. All parents/rides home must enter the building at dismissal to retrieve their child.
- RCT riders will be dismissed from their homerooms and wait in the K-8 building until the bus arrives. Older siblings may retrieve younger siblings and they will wait together.
For PK3 and PK4 students, enter through the Manosh Early Childhood entrance and sign out your student in her/his respective classroom. If you have a student in each school division, you must sign out in both places.
Please allow ample time for this process as your student may be on a nature trail, athletic field, or in the restroom when you arrive.
Kindergarten Assistant: Lisette Moore (Solie, gr. 6)
After School Program News and Info
We are pleased to welcome Mrs. Stephanie Krukar as our After School Program Director! Stephanie was part of the ASP team last year and is excited to take the reins this school year (please see communication below from Stephanie regarding employment opportunities in our outstanding program). Joining Stephanie is Gabrielle Hopkins, who was also part of the ASP team last year.
An important reminder: pre-registration is REQUIRED for ASP attendance - [click here to register] Space is limited!
A Note from Stephanie Krukar, After School Program Director
My name is Stephanie Krukar (mom to Charlie in 3rd grade, and Quinn in 1st grade), and after working in the After School Program last year, I am so excited to be taking on the role of ASP Director for this coming school year. Joining me again in ASP this year is newly appointed French teacher, Gabrielle Hopkins (mom to Noah in PK4, Adam in 2nd grade, and Jacob in 6th grade), and we need a few more folks to join our ASP Dream Team!
Being part of the ASP staff allows you to spend time with your children and their school friends in a unique and fun environment. It also ensures that we can provide quality and consistent care to our BJAMS families who rely on the program due to work schedules and other obligations.
- The hours for the role are typically 2:30-5:30, and there is some flexibility for a later arrival or earlier departure time.
- You can commit to joining us for one day a week, two days a week, or more! Also, if you aren’t comfortable committing to the entire school year, we can discuss a time frame that works for you.
- This is a paid role and your child/ren would attend ASP for free the days you work.
BJAMS families, as they say, it takes a village, so please consider joining us this school year to ensure we are able to make ASP a success. If you have any questions about the role or are interested in discussing it further, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Breakfast and Lunch Info
Please take the time to pre-order breakfast, milk, and lunch - up to a month in advance. This helps our kitchen staff plan accordingly. Homeroom teachers will verify orders each morning, to account for absences and last minute changes.
Here's how to order breakfast, milk, and lunch:
- Log into Family Portal
- Click on the 3 bars in the upper left corner
- Click on Student in the left margin
- Click on Lunch (all meal/milk ordering info is here)
- Click on Create Web Order at top of page
- Enter the quantity next to each item you want to order (please choose which type of milk your student will want with lunch - pre-k can not choose chocolate and grades 5-8 can order 2 milks)
- Please be sure you are aware of the date you are ordering for and if you have more than one child, you need to order for each of them individually.
- Click on Order Items at the bottom of the page
As a reminder, school meals are no longer free for students attending independent schools.
2022-2023 Free & Reduced Lunch Application
How to pay on your student Lunch & ASP accounts
1. Log into your Family Portal
2. In the left-hand side menu, select Family > Family Home
3. Family Billing appears below your contact info
4. Click Pay Now for either Child Care or Lunch (ASP snack charges fall under Lunch)
5. Enter $ amount
6. Click Pay Now button
7. Select payment method
8. Click Submit – you are not done yet!
9. Click PAY!
10. Check your email for a confirmation that your transaction was successful. Be sure to check your spam folder.
It takes many hands to create a wonderful year for our students, and we are excited that so many of you have expressed interest in joining this year!
Please join us for our first meeting Monday, September 12 at 9:00am.
NOW IN-PERSON! (PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED AS VIRTUAL)
The agenda is already established and growing as we speak!
- New Officers
- Events & Fundraisers Calendar
- Classroom and Parent Sign-up
This year, PTO News will be shared primarily via Friday Notes - keeping important school news and information in one spot.
Please take a moment to complete this soccer survey so we can have a general idea of how many players we can expect on each team!
There has been some interest in having our upper school co-ed teams separated into girls' teams and boys' teams. We would need to be sure there will be enough players to make that happen...and then we will need extra coaches! The soccer survey results will help us decide how we can proceed, so please take a moment to complete the survey if your student wishes to play this fall.
Once you have completed the survey, please print, complete, and bring to school this soccer form during the first week of school. Be sure to complete one form for each student.
Slide show for Fall Athletics - please view.
Grades 1/2 (co-ed): Coach Erica Silveira
Grades 3/4 (co-ed): Jamie O'Brien
Grades 5/6 (co-ed): Coach Katie Marvin (looking for an assistant coach, too)
Grades 7/8 (co-ed): We need a coach!
Coming Up Next
September 2 - No school
September 5 - No school
September 8 - Back to School Night, 5pm - 6pm
September 12 - Picture Day - check backpacks for ordering info
September 20 - No school
September 29 - Hosmer Point field trip, grades 5-8 - check backpacks for permission slips
September 30 - Homecoming
Stowe Youth Hockey - it's not just Stowe!
There are players from 11 different schools in Lamoille and Washington Counties!
Registration is live for Stowe Youth Hockey's 2022-2023 season. Sign up now for Learn to Play, 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U teams.
Learn to Skate and Bruins Learn to Play registration goes live late August/early September.
Stowe Youth Hockey runs several programs geared towards kids who are new to the ice (i.e. Learn to Skate/ skating with crates), kids learning hockey basics (Learn to Play), further hockey engagement (6U, 8U and older teams incorporating weekly practices and games).
The Bruins Learn to Play - a beloved program in New England - is also available in early fall hosted nearby at Stowe Arena.
For the past 40 years, our mission has been to make hockey accessible and affordable to any child who wants to play. Our coaches are local, all are USA Hockey and Safesport certified.
Visit the Stowe Youth Hockey Association website or 802-760-6104 for more information.
Your window into your student's school life including meal ordering, grades, calendar, and more!