Big Walnut Elementary
Staff Update 3.18.16
- Important Dates
- This Week- General Update/Comments
- Dismissal Procedures
- Clark's Corner
- Public Forum Calendar
March 18th - End of the 3rd Quarter
March 22nd - 3rd Grade Field Trip
March 24th - Report Cards go LIVE (8:00am)
March 24th - Eagle Explorers
March 25th - April 3rd - Spring Break
April 7th - "Last Chance" Testing Meeting
April 11th - 15th - Book Fair
April 11th - AIMS and OST Testing Season BEGINS!
- April 11th - 4th Reading I Ohio State Test, Kindergarten AIMSWeb
- April 12th--3rd Reading I Ohio State Test, Kindergarten AIMSWeb
- April 13th--4th Reading II Ohio State Test, 1st AIMSWeb
- April 14th--3rd Reading II Ohio State Test, 1st AIMSWeb
- April 15th--4th Social Studies I Ohio State Test,1st AIMSWeb
- April 18th--4th Math I Ohio State Test, 2nd AIMSWeb
- April 19th--3rd Math 1 Ohio State Test, 4th AIMSWeb
- April 20th--4th Math II Ohio State Test, 3rd AIMSWeb
- April 21st--3rd Math II Ohio State Test, AIMSWeb Make -Ups
- April 22nd--4th Social Studies II Ohio State Test, AIMSWeb Make-ups
April 12th - BWEA Meeting
April 14th & 15th - Donuts with Dad (7:45-8:15am)
- Last Name A-M=14th
- Last Name N-Z=15th
-All supplies are due by the end of today
-Grades are due by next Wed. (LIVE for families on the 24th)
-Please familiarize yourself with our emergency procedures (reference email sent 3/18)
-PIN your OTES
-Working on a schedule for Classified Evaluations - stay tuned...
ONE MORE WEEK! You can do it! Enjoy this beautiful sunshine!
I am constantly impressed by our staff leaving their comfort zone, stepping out to try something new! Check out this article about pushing boundaries! http://fouroclockfaculty.com/2016/03/fear-of-the-known/
Finally, I will be out on professional development on Monday. In the event of an emergency, Annie will be covering the building. I will also have access to email and phone.
The preferred course of action is to send in a note with your child if any changes are going to occur.
Thank you for understanding.
BRAG TAGS- We will do our next brag tag celebration on THURSDAY, MARCH 24TH. Click here for the document.
Leader in Me Lessons- . We will be combining March and April habit lessons due to testing. Please click here to sign up for habit 6, Synergize. If one of the times listed does not work for you please let me know and we will figure something out.
Thank you so much for all of your flexibility this week with testing. I so appreciate all of you and making my job so easy. I will continue to make-ups next week!
Ohio State Tests and AimsWeb:
Please click HERE for an updated document of testing dates and times. I will also put a hard copy in your mailbox. Please let me know if you see a conflict, it is a lot of information and testing happening in two weeks.
Testing Talk- Robin and I will be around during PLC time for 3rd and 4th grade the week of 3/21 to talk about testing, answer questions and sort through testing groups. There will be a last chance testing meeting on Thursday, April 7th at 8:00 for anyone involved in Ohio State Tests. This is an optional meeting for anyone who has questions or needs a refresher.
Milea, Julie and I had the chance to go to the gamification PD last week presented by Jen Wilson. Please see click here for the Google Slides Presentation that Jen Wilson has created. If you would like any support with implementing something like this in the classroom please let me know I would love to help.
Public Forums to discuss GROWTH
The forums will be hosted by the Big Walnut Schools Facilities Planning Committee.
- Village & Township Public Forums Sunbury Village Hall - Monday, April 4 @ 6:00
- Genoa Township Hall - Monday, April 11 @ 6:00
- Berkshire Township Hall - Thursday, April 14 @ 6:00
- Big Walnut High School Innovation Center - Monday, April 18 @ 6:00
- Porter Township Hall - Tuesday, April 26 @ 6:00
- Harlem Township Hall - Wednesday, April 27 @ 6:00
- Trenton Township Hall - Monday, May 2 @ 6:00
- Galena Village Hall - Wednesday, May 4 @ 6:00