Marley and Me
The true story between the "Worlds Worst Dog" By
Some different events between the movie and the book:
- Neither parent in the movie had any experience with ever having a dog
- When they went to go buy the puppies, they did not do the shake test
- They did not practice saying "Marley! Come here!" to see if that name would suit the family.
- They used three dogs: Marley's brother was the puppy, Marley was the middle aged dog, and the father was the dog in the end about to be put down
In the Book:
- Each parent had experience with a dog in their childhood
- when they went to go buy the puppies, they did the shake test with the cage
- They practiced calling "Marley! Come here boy!" around the house to see if it would suit the dog and family
- They had one dog
The same between the movie and book:
- The kids in the true story were used in the movie
- Marley was also used in the movie
- Both family's went to Ireland to film and for the true story, to write about
- Both family's were big journalists
Marley's "Good Times"
Say's Mr. Grogan. He knew from that moment on, that Marley was going to be the puppy Jenny wanted."In 2009 when Patrick was born, Jenny was about to get rid of Marley. I tried to tell her that it was just a crisis, that it would be over once the kids get older, but she didn't listen. So I sent Marley to Sebastian's for two days." Once that cleared up, they regretted sending Marley away.