Chisholm Ridge Wranglers Weekly
CRES Mission Statement
Wrangler pride is working together to reach our goals in learning and life.
4th Grade studied Native American tribes in Texas.
Ms. J. Price
Third Graders create Thinking Maps to understand force.
Fourth Grade uses Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning when studying force.
Math Lab is a busy place Monday- Thursday mornings!
This Week at The Ridge
Tuesday: Regular Schedule. Holiday Cart of Carbs is on the move today! Make sure you get yours! Progress Reports go home today. No PLC meetings.
Wednesday: Regular Schedule. Holiday Gift in boxes! Holiday Open House at the EMSISD Board room 9-3. CRES Honor Choir to perform at 2:45. Preliminary Spelling Bee at 8:00. Big Kahuna Party Bus for qualifying students @10:45ish and 11:15.
Thursday: Regular Schedule. Check your box for another Holiday gift!
Friday: Early DIsmissal/Party Day Schedule. Wrangler Round-Up, please send representative to set up gym by 7:00. Catered Lunch at 12:15.
Mrs. Ricks' Class is Two Week Winner for FIM!
Jan. 1- Holiday
Jan. 2- Campus PD- Lead4Ward- location TBD
Jan. 3- Aimsweb testing window opens
Jan. 4- Play it Safe during Specials
Jan. 10-2nd/3rd ELAR CLC AM
Jan. 12- Campus Spelling Bee/ Early Dismissal, End of 2nd 9 Weeks, Staff Pictures
Jan. 15- MLK Day- NO School, Grades due in Skyward by 8:00 AM
Jan. 16- 4th ELAR CLC all day
Jan. 17- 1st/2nd Math CLC
Jan. 18- K/1 ELAR CLC AM
Jan. 19- PTA Chili Cook-off, Report Cards Sent Home.
Jan. 30-31- 4th/5th Grade Benchmarks
• Thanks to Mandy Culp and Sara Salas for assisting in getting our Staff Painting Party set up!
• Thanks to my team for covering my morning duty when I got stuck behind a horrible wreck!
• A BIG THANK YOU to Bownds, Coy, Maples, Abernathy, Brown, Howerton, Baxter, Beutel, Guyton, Gaytan, and Kurtzhals for graciously allowing us to observe their fabulous classrooms during instructional rounds! Thanks to everyone for your participation in the PLC conversations. I hope you all saw the value in our discussions and gained a better understanding of the rubrics! ❤~Brooke
• Thanks to Stacey for feeding me yummy cookies!!! ~your "selective" friend
- Shout out to Barb and Donna for holding down the fort while I was at district CLCs! - De La Ossa
Shout out to my team for covering for me when my sub position didn’t get picked up. They are seriously the most supportive team! - Maples
Shout out to teachers whose classrooms we visited on learning walks- Jones
Thanks to April for helping me pick up the gym after school on Tuesday! - Coach Rogers
My first grade team is amazing! I love how we collaborate and support each other.
Thank you for all the check-ins, amazing ideas, extra copies, and words of encouragement. Couldn’t of made it this far without you! - Culp
So happy to work with great people. Thanks for all the wonderful treats to help us get through the next 2 weeks. I feel very appreciated and blessed to work at CRE!
Shout out to Samantha Baxter for covering morning duty last week when I had an unexpected absence!- Wimberley
Shout out to Brooke Kemp for her leadership this week with Instructional Rounds. - Yanish/ Cook