Hailey Parent Update
Reopening Update - August 7, 2020
The window for selecting Tradition or Remote Learning has closed. No additional changes can be taken at this time.
- 7 Teachers call families for homeroom assignment
- 10 Preordered school supplies distribution on Hailey bus ramp 1:00-2:00pm
- 10 Chromebook distribution 10:00-11:00am @ Hailey bus ramp
10 Zoom Meet the Teacher Night 5:00-6:00pm
- 10 Chrome book distribution @ Hailey bus ramp 5:00-6:00pm
- 12 First date of Intermittent Instruction
- 27 Parent Information Night Zoom meetings : PK-2 5:16-6:00pm, 3rd & 4th 6:15-7:00pm
- 7 Labor Day - School Holiday
- 8 Traditional In-Person instruction begins on campus / Remote Instruction continues at home for families that selected Online Learning.
Intermittent Instruction from August 12 through September 4
What does Intermittent Remote Learning for Traditional In-Person Learners look like?
- Students will receive a weekly schedule with daily task lists to help students and parents structure their day.
- Weekly course task lists/schedules will be published (Seesaw/Canvas) the Friday prior to the next week’s instruction.
- Parents may choose to alter this schedule based on family needs as long as the student is engaged each day and tasks are completed by the due date.
- Attendance will not be determined by whether or not a child logs in at a given time but rather if the student has engaged (Canvas, Seesaw, email/phone correspondence) within a 24-hour period.
This form is for Hailey families who wish to request the use of a Chromebook during online learning. This form allows requests for a Chromebook for those selecting in-person learning.
The content on the Roadmap to Reopening webpages is designed to provide information relevant for the 2020-2021 school year.
New Dismissal Procedures for Car Riders and Walkers
Meal Distribution and Lunch Changes - Please Review!
Meal and Lunch Changes
- Free Curbside Meal Distribution will continue Tuesday/ Thursday 10-12 through August 11 at Caney Creek High, Oak Ridge High and Sam Houston Elementary.
- Beginning Thursday, August 13, breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside at Hailey Elementary for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Meals will be available on the bus ramp Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m. until noon
- Multiple meals will be distributed on pick up days.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/ 2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/ 3 lunch meals
- A student meal card located in Parent Access must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- No change will be made for cash transactions- any change will be applied to student's meal account. Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the child nutrition website. https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/
- This information will be available on the district website and social media in English and Spanish.
- The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 24. After this, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
- Pre K students are not automatically free this year. An application is required.
Safety Guidelines for Hailey Traditional In-Person Learning
Hailey Procedures for Face to Face Instruction
Each classroom will have hand sanitizer available for students and staff.
Students and staff will sanitize their hands upon entering the classroom.
Each student will have a supply container for their own school supplies. Students will not share daily supplies (pencils, scissors, glue, etc). All materials are individual – no community buckets or sharing.
Students in desks should not face each other.
Each student will have an assigned desk or clearly labeled portion of a table providing as much distance as possible between students.
Teachers will keep a seating chart to indicate proximity of students in case of needed contact tracing.
Tape will be used on the carpet to indicate spacing distances when the class lines up to transition.
Teachers will develop a system for cleaning of shared supplies.
Adults must wear facemask or face covering at all times when kids are present.
Safety Guidelines for Visitors to Hailey Elementary
Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
Schools will utilize virtual meeting options when possible to reduce the number of campus visitors.
All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to entering the building.
Parents needing to drop items off for a student will contact the school to arrange a curbside pick-up.
Visitors and staff will maintain appropriate social distancing for ARD and other meetings.
Deliveries to students including lunches will be limited and on an emergency basis only. Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to charge a meal in the cafeteria.
Parent organization meetings will be held virtually to minimize outside contact.
CISD Parent Access Center
By logging into Parent Access, you can check your child's grades, assignments, and attendance.
If you do not have an account, please register for one.
To access your child’s information online you must register for an account.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
There is still no information from Lifetouch on when we can expect our yearbook. We have emailed and/or called once a week since May, but they still cannot give us any sort of time frame on when we should expect our books. The only response we get is that it is in production. Please be assured that all deadlines were met for this book and the final was submitted before its due date. At this time, we are at the mercy of Liftouch and their production of our books. I know that it is frustrating, but as soon as there is an update with more information we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2020-2021 Hailey Dress Code
The Student Dress Code is in place at Hailey Elementary in order to provide a safe, healthy and productive environment where all children can learn.
- Shoes are not to include flip-flops, crocs, backless sandals, shoes with wheels, or shoes with heels that are higher than one inch.
- If girls wear a dress to school, shorts must be worn under the dress at all times.
- The shoulder strap of a shirt must be approximately three fingers wide.
- For safety purposes, student’s bangs should be short enough so their eyes can be seen.
Inappropriate dress includes:
- No mid-riff tops, thin strap shirts, tank tops, halters, see-through shirts, or any clothing advertising alcohol, tobacco, or suggestive sayings printed on them.
- Shirts should be long enough to meet the top of the pants/jeans and cover the full stomach and pants/jeans should be high enough in front and back to completely cover the child’s bottom when sitting.
- No droopy or sagging pants, or “low-rider” pants. Low fitting pants should appropriately cover the student.
- The length of shorts, miniskirts, dresses, and split skirts must be to the bottom of the student’s fingertips.
- Spandex cannot be worn alone without shorts over them. Shorts over the spandex must be to the bottom of the student’s fingertips.
- Hats or caps are not to be worn at school. The exception will be special “Hat Days” for the whole school to wear hats or caps.
Hailey Elementary Theme for 2020-2021
Click for a handy guide of at-home Arts activities from all across the Arts community. New links will be added each day.
Sam K. Hailey Elementary
12051 Sawmill Road The Woodlands, TX 77380
Office: 832-663-4100 Fax: 832-663-4199 Bus Barn: 832-592-8800
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.