PCSD Student Support Services
A weekly dose of encouragement for students and families
Week of June 1, 2020
- Tips for Teens During the Self-Quarantine
- What are Social Skills and Why are they Important?
- Ways to Avoid Cabin Fever
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Basics Course
Tips for Students During the Coronavirus Self-Quarantine:
- Be kind to yourself. You are doing the best you can, given the circumstances.
- Keep your sense of humor. Enjoy those random spurts of joy and uncontrollable laughter.
- Nourish your body, mind, and soul. Exercise, eat mindfully, and stretch. Sleep well, hydrate, and nourish yourself. Listen to music, do art, take a walk in nature. Watch a YouTube video on how to do something you've always wanted to learn.
- Connect with others, and with yourself. Breathe in, breath out. You've got this.
What are Social Skills and Why are they Important?
Here is a list of some of the most important social skills that your child will need to be able to thrive in school and life:
- Be responsible for their behavior
- Follow rules
- Get along with others
- Accept differences in others
- Have patience
- Stay calm when interacting with others
- Listen to others
- Take turns
- Do nice things for others
- Ask for help
Check out the article below for more information!
Avoid Cabin Fever With These 125 Ideas to Keep Kids Entertained
- Set up a treasure hunt
- Watch the Beluga Whales at the Georgia Aquarium
- E-visit the Louvre, (a digital tour of the museum in Paris)
- Bake together
- Watch the Cincinnati Zoo livestream through their Facebook page
- Take a digital fieldtrip to Yellowstone National Park
- Check out Mars
- Film/make TikToks
Check out the article below for all 125 tips!
Reach Out Anytime!
Alan Feazelle - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Tisdale - email@example.com
Rory LaPage - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunshine Quinn - email@example.com
James DeBella - firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Santella - email@example.com
Grace Prue - firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Hankins - email@example.com
Kelly Bilow - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Cooper - email@example.com
Mindy Fay - firstname.lastname@example.org
Savannah Therrien - email@example.com
Tracie McCarthy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Garret McLean - email@example.com
Kristy Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracey Giroux - email@example.com
Sheldon Cullen - firstname.lastname@example.org