Unit 3-Cells, Cell Parts and the Plasma Membrane
Unit 3 Information/Biology Update
- First, I wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that all the grades are up to date. The only thing missing is the Unit 2 test. They took that on September 30th/October 3rd. I should have that in later this week. As for the grades go, I just wanted to remind everyone of our retake policy that was in the parent letter at the beginning of the year. If a student has a zero for a homework or quiz assignment, they CANNOT make that up. If a student has a grade that is below a 70 on a test/lab, they are allowed to make that test/lab up for up to a 70. However, they only have 5 school days after the grade is posted to make it up. If you have any questions on this matter, please let me know.
- Another thing that I wanted to bring to your attention regarding grades is if a student has a missing assignment. It has been a struggle to get some of this work in in a timely manner. I have begun inputting a 1 to hold that grade. I have also attached the comment "missing" along with it. This significantly lowers the grade until I get the work in. If I do not get the work in, I will change that grade to a zero. I have found that this is much more effective in receiving the missing work. Again, if you have any questions, please let me know. So, just to clarify...if a student has a zero for a grade, they CANNOT make that up...if they have a 1 for a grade, they can make that up ASAP.
- Make up test for Unit 2 is before/after school everyday next week. I will send out schedule in a remind later this week.
- TEST DATES for UNIT 3- October 19th for A day/ October 20th for B day
- Please check the canvas calendar for all work and quiz dates.
- Thank you for all your support this year!
Please sign up for your students remind 101
Content: Please sign in to Canvas to see course material, assignments, calendar, etc.
CISD Canvas Website: southlakecarroll.instructure.com
Student Login: sNumber (with the s) / Password: sNumber password
Parent (Observer) Login: Create an account at southlakecarroll.instructure.com. You will need your student's sNumber and password.
Here is a video link to help you if you get stuck
username: cisd + your students ID number without the s