Welcome to Ms. Ward's Third Grade Class!
My Philosophy (based on the Democratic Model of Classroom Management)
I plan on modeling appropriate behavior for all students in order for them to understand the behavior I expect from them. As a teacher, I plan to engage and motivate students in order to decrease boredom and maintain momentum. I will clearly communicate all rules, procedures, and policies. I will be kind, firm, and instill a love of learning in all students.
After this first semester, I have evaluated the classroom environment and decided to improve these aspects of the classroom:
- Smooth transitions
- Essential social and life skills of the students
- Rules that make sense
- Emphasizing a student's need for community
- Each misbehavior has a logical consequence
- Consequences are natural
- Focuses on solutions instead of punishment
- Long-term behavior changes are encouraged