November 7, 2022. Updates from the Academic Arts team
A Look Ahead: This coming week will we will create our own class SOAR expectations and movement to go with each one.
Highlights from Last Week: Getting to meet each new class and new dance students. We were able to get started on our SOAR dance expectations and even dance a little :)
Reminders: Please remember if your child has dance to wear clothing that is great for moving while still keeping in mind the NCCAE dress code. As well as shoes that can easily come on and off.
Can't wait to see how this new group of students will grow in dance class! Mrs. Majewski
Welcome to Drama Class Second Quarter with Mx. Flannery at NCCAE!
A Look Ahead: Next unit is "Using the Mind and Body in Drama Class." Talk to your child about ways they can control their body and focus their mind in a classroom.
Highlights from Last Week: Last unit was SOARing in Drama Class. Ask your child how they can be safe, organized, always respectful, and responsible in Drama Class.
Reminders: Ask your child about how they can SOAR to help the class earn 21 Stars for a party and earn an owl buck for the Hootie Train. Give your child a photo of your family to bring to class to posted on the Drama Class Wall.
- 5th Grade, 4th Grade, and 3rd Grade will travel to the world of musical meter! This week we will be discovering how all music is separated into beats through games, instrumental play, and singing!
- 2nd Grade and 1st Grade will meet our good friends Strong and Weak Beats. Students will be introduced to the ideas of musical groups through listening, play, and instrumental games!
- Kindergarten will be introduced to the concepts of a steady beat in music through games and movement exercises
Highlights from Last Week:
- Last week students learned all about our classroom instruments! Our classroom provides a variety of instruments such as Boom Whackers, Orff Instruments, and a variety of drums.
- Ask your student what their favorite classroom instrument is!
Reminders: Continue to encourage students to work towards classroom goals and rewards.
A Look Ahead: building patterns, photographing and drawing landscapes, conceptual art
Highlights from Last Week: abstract photography, collage with watercolor, organic shapes
Reminders: Art can play many roles in a child's life. If your student wants to develop their talents more fully than our class time allows, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com to find out what additional activities might be helpful.
.A Look Ahead: Students in grades 3-5 will be playing the scooter game called Broomball. Students in K-2 will be playing scooter games learning how to move on scooters in various directions.
Highlights from Last Week: Students last week jumped rope for exercise by trying to meet a goal number of jumps and tried to see if they could also get the high number for jumps in the class!
Reminders: Students should wear sneakers on the day they have PE class.