The Sherlocks's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome back Isabella and hello to Theo and Jackson!!!!
August 10th- Jackson
August 12- Big classroom move. See email for further detail.
August 26 - 1st Day of Preschool
August 31- Physical's due
form can be found on http://ilovethetotspot.com/registration-and-forms/
· CLOSED LABOR DAY
· Oct. 18th Tuttles Preschool Fieldtrip
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
Welcome back Zoophonics Friends! Our first few weeks of August will be review weeks as we all get settled into a new classroom with new friends!
Week of August 5th- All About Me week
Week of August 12th- Review
Week of August 19th- Review
Week of August 26th- Lizzie Lizard week
New to our school? Check out links at the end of the newsletter to learn the sounds and Zoophonics song.
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
Ms. Crystal and Ms. Rachel are moving out into the Sherlocks room! If your child is 4+ they will be moving out with them. If your child is 3, they are going to be staying in the Sawyers with Ms. Mikayla!
WE ARE THE SHERLOCKS! THE MIGHTY, MIGHTY SHERLOCKS!
The new and combined Sherlocks are ready for our new school year. To kick off the educational fun, we will be reviewing our learning components: zoo-phonics, letter and number recognition, math terms and simple addition and subtraction. We will be reviewing our Tot Spot Pledge and how we can live it out every day. We will also end the month by starting our first Zoo-phonics lesson with Lizzy Lizard. Since we will be aiming to prepare for Kindergarten, we will begin to have homework every week. Depending on your students’ small group, they may have homework every day that would be due the next school day or twice a week and would be due the next school day. The Sherlocks are ready to learn and we need your (parents and family) help to make sure we maintain this positive attitude for the school year.
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
School is back and so is Scholastic!! Get ready for your book orders! Thank you for all your support!
The Book Nook
Should I share my ice cream?
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
- Clear plastic jars with lids ie mayonnaise
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?
- · Ms. Crystal: Marcia (my step-mother) because I'd like her to meet my kids.
- · Ms. Rachel: I would have dinner with my great Grandpa. He died in WWII when my Grandma was 12, and she has always talked how cool of a person he was.
- · Ms. Maggie: I would have dinner with Brett Farve because he was my idol going up and my late preschool teacher Marybeth Wood because she would be so proud of me and how far I've come.
- Ms. Mikayla: My grandpa. He died some years ago and I find myself thinking about him a lot.
- · Ms. Alisha: All my Tot Spot Graduates from 2012 through now. I miss every single one of them. I run into them from time to time and go to the bday parties and games, but I'd love to spend more time with them. It's so cool to see what's exactly the same from when they were babies and now.
- Mr. Mike: My Grandparents, because I miss them and they were wonderful who taught me so much
- · Ms. Ayasha: My grandma. Because I miss her being around and cooking for myself and sisters.
- · Ms. Kelsey: I would have dinner with my Grandpa. He was such a fun and loving man, I would love to be able to see him one more time!
- · Ms. Le Andra: Adam Sandler! Because he's freaking hilarious!!
- · Ms. Katie: My family. like a trip back in time to do a big family Thanksgiving that I could take my current family with me on.