NEU Pence Elementary
October 31 - November 4
Red Ribbon Week - Monday October 31 - Superhero Day
COSTUME GUIDELINES FOR SUPERHERO DAY
"WEAR A COSTUME TO SCARE DRUGS AWAY"
Dear Pence Families,
In honor of our Red Ribbon Week, students may wear a costumes to school on Monday, October 31, that support our day to “Scare Drugs Away by Being your Favorite Superhero”. There will be an opportunity for students to display their costume to their peers during a parade. After the parade, students will be asked to change into their regular school clothes, so please provide a change of clothes.
All costumes must adhere to the following conditions:
• Dress Guidelines Enforced
(no bare midriffs or “revealing” clothing, appropriate shoes must be worn, etc.)
• Student must be able to sit, walk, breathe, see and hear (no masks that cover the face)
• Costumes cannot promote use of drugs, alcohol or weapons of any kind.
• No pretend “prop” weapons such as water pistols, knives or swords.
• All school rules will be enforced (i.e., no bikes or skateboards, etc.)
• Costumes may not be offensive or inappropriate in any way.
*Students who wear costumes that do not conform to the costume guidelines above or Pence dress code, will be asked to change into regular clothing*
Pence ELAC Secretary Voting Ballot
Please take a moment to vote for the parents who have expressed an interest in being on the ballot and serving as Secretary on the ELAC Committee for Pence.
Voting will close on November 4, 2022 at 1pm.
Please click below to participate in the election for ELAC Secretary
Important Dates to Remember
October 31 - November 4
Superintendent's Listening Tour
Tuesday February 28
*Click on the document below for more information*
Pence Book Fair
Citizen's Bond Oversight Committe
The South Bay Union School District is seeking volunteers from the community to serve on its Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC). The CBOC reviews and oversees the use of Proposition X, Y, and Measure NN voter approved funds as required by Proposition 39 and Section 15278 of the Education Code.
The District seeks two representatives from the following groups:
- Tax Association Representative
- Community Member At-Large.
In order to maintain objectivity as part of the Committee's responsibilities, District employees, contractors, and vendors to the District are prohibited from serving as members of the Committee.
Click here for the application
Please see document below for more information
Military Families' Corner
Please see below for upcoming events and information pertaining to our Military Families:
South Bay Union School District
Oneonta/IB Charter/Emory, Lisa Poli – 619-403-0686
San Diego Upcoming Events: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/events.aspx
Naval Base San Diego: https://sandiego.navylifesw.com/
Please read below for the most recent events and informational flyers to download:
FALL 2022 STUDENT SUCCESS WEBINARS
Join in a series of FREE webinars this fall hosted by Tutor.com! All webinars start at 12 pm.
· October 27 – Overcoming Test Anxiety
· November 3 – Critical Thinking and Research Skills
Can’t attend LIVE? Register and you’ll receive the final recorded webinar via email.
KIDS FREE SAN DIEGO IN OCTOBER
Play big and save big! All month long, children 12 and younger (with a paid adult admission) can enjoy free admission to dozens of museums and participating cultural institutions across the county. It includes the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, Birch Aquarium, Fleet Science Center, and the Comic Con Museum featuring it's Spider-Man exhibit, and many more. Download and save coupons to attend at https://sandiegomuseumcouncil.org/specials/kidsfree/.
- Stop by the office OR
- Send an email to Karla Brown - email@example.com OR
- Return the blue slip to the office or to your child's classroom teacher
- We would like to remind our Pence Families that parents and guardians are not allowed inside the campus due to the Covid restrictions.
- For the most updated COVID Information and Decision Tree, please visit the District's website.
Pence Elementary School
Office Hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Maria Preciado - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Secretary:
- Attendance Secretary:
Stay Connected with Pence Elementary
- Please visit our School's Website for all the most requested information including Schedules, Minimum Days, Student School Year Calendar, Upcoming Events and our Family Handbook.
- You can also contact us at Let's Talk on the District's Website, you will find the link on the left-hand side of the main page.
- If you would like a hard copy of our Family Handbook, please come by the Office from 12pm - 4pm to pick up one.