Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Aug 30
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Students will return to school on September 8th. Band classes will be split into small groups in the fine arts wing and gym 4. Students will report directly to their assigned rehearsal area once they arrive at school and will use equipment that has been disinfected. We will clean all stands, chairs and other equipment at the end of each rehearsal.
- All marching band students should have their flip folders filled out. All of the music can be found on the band website. If you need help getting physical copies, contact Ms. Irby.
- Masterclasses will continue next week! Students should arrive early and be ready to receive as much information as possible. Remember to sign on BEFORE the start of your class so you can begin promptly at 8:30am.
- All students, who are participating in marching band, are REQUIRED to fill out the Trace Log (BELOW) on Sunday before each week of rehearsal. The first trace log must be submitted Sunday, August 30, 2020.
- Anyone that still needs to pick up their black shorts can do so after marching Band Practice Tuesday/Thursday - 8:00pm contact Kristen Pratt Uniforms@grapevinehsband.com to make arrangements.
- ALL marching band members must bring water to rehearsal. The students are required to use the Blue Water Jug that was purchased at Band Registration. Students are not allowed to participate without water because it is dangerous to do so!
- CLICK HERE to get music on our website.
- We are excited to start our first fundraiser of the year! We have partnered with MSC Fundraising to sell masks! The website has our initial line up, but more will be added soon! You can check it out here: https://www.mscfundraising.com/collections/ghs-mustang-band
- We are in the process of updating Charms. If you are receiving our emails you are listed on the Grapevine Band roster. If you attend CHHS, please let Mr. Rees (James.firstname.lastname@example.org) know and we will transfer you to the correct school.
- We have also compiled another version of the calendar that can be found HERE.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day.
Scales in 2 Minutes WINNERS
40 - Nandini Senthilkumar, 9th Grade
38 - Abby Isley, 11th Grade
35 - Lucas Holbrook, 9th Grade
35 - Stacie Selzer, 12th Grade
34 - Kate Shori, 9th Grade
34 - Caleb Thigpen, 11th Grade
32 - Genesis Reyes-Petriz, 11th Grade
30 - Ben Wodrich, 12th Grade
28 - Batul Ariswala, 9th Grade
28 - Allison Koch, 10th Grade
28 - Anisha Menezes, 9th Grade
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone.
To join, you can text the code below to 81010, OR you can download the Remind 101 App and join. (Some students have found it easier to join with the App)
Start Raising Money NOW!
Scrip is a great way to raise money for your individual band account!