JBE Weekly Update
Keeping you informed throughout the summer
Thank you to all who participated in JBE Open House this year. We were very pleased with the turn out even though we are in the middle of a pandemic. Teachers had conversations with almost 400 parents/guardians using a variety of methods. Many families came for in person conferences, while others met virtually or on the phone.
We have spent the last several weeks screening students in various subject areas to find current learning levels, strengths, and weaknesses. This information is vital to student learning. Staff spends a great amount of time looking at the results and then developing lessons appropriate to each student. This has been done for both in person and virtual students.
We appreciate families being patient as we work through these new ways of addressing learning. Please contact your child's teacher if you have any questions. Teachers may not be able to get back with you right away, but they will as soon as possible.
Things to remember:
- Students cannot be dropped off at school before 7:30am.
- First bell rings at 7:55am.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00am. Students who come in after 8:00am must be accompanied by an adult.
- Circle Drive pick up starts at 2:50.
- Please remember to use the Health Screener each day before sending your child to school.
- Please return Free/Reduced Lunch forms ASAP. If you have misplaced, please contact the office.
- Virtual parents, please make sure your children are checking in daily and doing assignments.
Laura Brooke Smith
JBE Assistant Principal