By Sydney Gray
- Born on September 7th 1917 (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Moved when he was two to Easton, Pennsylvania.
- Married Gwendolyn Knight, sculpture and painter, in 1941.
- Taught at Washington University in Seattle where he taught til he retired in 1986.
- Died on 2000 in June 9th in Seattle, Washington.
'The Migration Series' is a sequence of 60 paintings, depicts the mass movement of African Americans from the rural South to the urban North between World War I and World War II—a development that had received little previous public attention.