WHS Warrior Bulletin
- November 13 Unified Sensory Make and Take Oakdale Elementary
- November 13 Craft Fair @WHS
- November 15 Winter Sports (physical and other paper work must be in)
- November 24-26 No School Thanksgiving Break
- December 22-January 4 Winter Break
- Students have class Monday, November 22nd and Tuesday, November 23rd.
- Students and staff have break November 24-28.
- Classes resume Monday, November 29th.
- Students have class Monday, December 20th and Tuesday, December 21st.
- Winter Break for students is Tuesday, December 22nd-January 4th.
- Classes resume on Wednesday, January 5th.
End of Semester
- December 21st is the last day of the first semester.
- We will run a normal class schedule through December 21st.
- Students will be completing assessments, projects, and other important tasks during the last week of the semester.
- Please communicate any known conflicts with the last days of the semester with your student's dean to make arrangements so work can be completed prior to the end of the semester.
- Teachers will have final grades for first semester posted on January 4th.
4th Annual MLK Jr. Living the Dream Challenge
Here is a link to a short video with more information about the contest.
More specific details
- Entry deadline is November 19, 2021.
- Contest categories include vocal and/or instrumental music, poetry or short essays, and dance.
Your student has received additional details via school email and there is a flyer attached below. This includes entry form, entry process, parental consent/release, and more info about the contest.
We-Side Fall Art Contest
Our popular and inspiring district contest is BACK for 2021!
We invite ALL students and staff members to create a poem, drawing, photograph, sculpture, digital/electronic art, or painting using the theme of Belonging Builds Community.
We will be awarding prizes for different grade levels and buildings throughout the district, and your work could be featured on Westside websites, social media and in future publications!
All entries are due by November 16th at 4:00pm. Bring your art to school or email it to Dr. Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022 Yearbook Information
- The 2021-2022 Shield yearbooks can be purchased using your MySchoolBucks account this year. Access through PowerSchool or MySchoolBucks
- You may also place your order using the forms available in room 251 at WHS.
- The cost is $60 if purchased before Winter break.
- At the start of the second semester, the cost of the yearbook will increase $5 each month thereafter.
- Senior Portraits for the 2021-2022 Shield yearbook must be submitted by Dec. 21, 2021, or they will not be included in the yearbook.
- We will need one vertical color photo. It is important to meet this deadline. No late photos will be accepted.
- Here are the requirements for photo submission: must contain only head and shoulders with no props, backgrounds must not be distracting and there must be no watermarks.
- Photos can be submitted to room 251 at WHS, via email (to: denker.john@westside 66.net), on a CD, or even a wallet-size picture will be accepted.
- Senior Ads for the senior section of the yearbook must be submitted by Jan. 14, 2022.
- More specific details on prices, sizes, etc. will be sent to senior families next week.
If you are graduating early please make sure you meet all these deadlines!!
Winter Sports Information
- NSAA Winter Sports-boys and girls basketball, boys and girls wrestling, boys and girls swimming, boys and girls bowling, unified bowling.
- Participants need to have all athletic paperwork turned into Mrs. James in the main office in order to practice. This includes a physical form and purchasing an activity ticket. Students who participated in a fall sport have met this requirement.
- Questions can be directed to Ashley James at email@example.com or by phone at 402-343-2602.
- Link to Forms