Shepard News & Notes
January 16, 2016
New year, new look! I hope you enjoy the refreshed communication coming your way in 2016! In addition to my "News & Notes" communications having a fresh look, we also have a new website. If you have not yet had a chance to have a look around, please do so; you can also check out our new video on the site!
I hope your new year is off to a good start!
We found a bit of history in our library this week. Alan B. Shepard wrote this letter to staff and students on May 10, 1963. He mentioned the "future" Apollo program!
Spotlight on Instruction
BreakoutEDU is also authentic and fun if you caught on to the bolded letters embedded in this description!
2nd/FINAL Posting - Show Choir ShowCase
2nd/FINAL Posting - 8th Grade Transition Dates From DHS
Please see below for important information/dates regarding transition to DHS. Please contact Angie Suszek at (224) 632-3000 with any questions.
- February 2: Deadline for 8th grade families to complete online course requests by 3:30pm.
4th Posting - Yearbook Ordering
Be sure to order a yearbook before March 11, 2016! Here is how to order:
- Log into Family Access.
- Click Fee Management.
- Click "Add a Fee" above your middle school child's name.
- In the pop-up window that shows optional items, click the "Add" button next to Middle School Yearbook (the fee is $20), and then click the "Back" button in the upper right corner.
- You'll see the yearbook fee of $20 added to your account. Click "Make a Payment."
- Click "Update Payment Amount."
- Click "Update Cart."
- Click "Pay with Vendor."
- Confirm that you wish to make a payment by clicking "Yes" in the pop-up window.
- You'll be taken to RevTrak to complete your payment.
You can always log into Family Access and click on Fee Management to confirm your purchase.
7th Posting - Show Choir Fundraiser
Don't throw away those Box Tops! We collect them and submit them toraise money for the Shepard Student Council. Drop your Box Tops off in the Shepard Office.
Heinen’s will contribute up to 1% of what you spend at their store to Shepard at the end of the school year. Thanks to all who participated in the program last year—Shepard received a check for $875 in June!
If you participated in this program last year, you must RE-SELECT Shepard this year. You can do this in the store at the Customer Service counter, or you can log in to your Tasteful Rewards profile at www.heinensrewards.com. Go to the “My Profile” tab at the top right of the home page, then scroll down to the “Teaming Up for Education” section and select Illinois-Deerfield-Alan B Shepard Middle School and make sure to save your selection.
If you’re new to the program, please take a look at this information to sign up—it’s quick and easy and a great way to help Shepard make a little easy money!