The 6 Forms of Sales Promotion
By: Bradley Seton
Contests & Sweepstakes:
- Definition- Contests are where participants perform some time of activity in order to win. Sweepstakes are where consumers submit free entries into drawing for a chance to win prizes.
- Contest Example- The Chick-Fila halftime field goal kick
- Sweepstakes Example- A drawing for a new iPhone
- Definition- Using a miniature version of a full sized product given away for free to promote the product itself.
- Example- The free samples of food given out at Cosco
- Definition- Marketing materials or advertising placed next to the merchandise it is promoting.
- Example- The packs of gum at grocery store registers
- Definition- A one time event to help marketers build brand image.
- Example- The Coke Zero concert at AT&T stadium during March Madness
- Definition- The practice of distributing discount coupons to consumers as a form of product promotion.
- Example- Free taco coupon on the back of a ticket