NUAMES Counseling Center News
In this Issue:
- Night of Hope
- Capstone Dates Announced
- Keys to Success
- Tech Tips for the Holidays
- Schedule Changes for 2nd Semester
- Junior and Senior CCR Meetings
- Making Up your U's for Graduation
NIGHT OF HOPE
DECEMBER 2nd 6:00-8:00 PM
NUAMES Davis Campus D3 Ballroom and Atrium
NUAMES Hope Squad invites all parents and students to join us for Night of Hope!
This is an evening of mental health education, awareness, and connection with community resources.
Students may receive Seminar credit and/or removal of one U for attending the event!
CAPSTONE PRESENTATION DATES
CAPSTONE PRESENTATION NIGHTS:
- Davis Campus: January 26 OR April 19, 2022, Time TBD
- North Campus: January 26 OR April 21, 2022 6:00-7:30 PM
Check out your new Canvas Capstone Course for more information!
Can you change your Capstone Mentor?
The short answer is NO.
The REASONS you need to keep Advisory Teachers:
- Advisory classes are all balanced the way they are
- Some of our STEM teachers would end up with TOO MANY students
You can still work with ANY NUAMES teacher on your project. So if there's a teacher who is a subject matter expert for your project, feel free to get their advice. However, your Capstone Mentor will stay the same.
KEYS TO SUCCESS APP & WEBSITE
Keys to Success Utah is the Official College and Career Readiness App for Utah Students
LINK TO SITE: https://www.ktsutah.org/ or Find it in the App or Google Play Store
Resources in Keys to Success:
- Scholarships for Utah students
- College Search tools
- Career Search engines
- Paying for College info
- FAFSA info
- E-Booklets published on college for Utah students
- LOTS and LOTS more
Earn POINTS for participating. Points can be redeemed for awesome PRIZES, like restaurant gift cards!!
TECH TIPS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
#1 Unplug and Powerdown
Also, let your technology do the same. Unplug laptops, switch off power strips, and shut down your phone. Not only will these steps save electricity and protect your devices over the break, but just like you, your computer will function better after it is allowed to shut down for a bit.
#2 Organize Your Files, Bookmarks, Email
Also, go through your DSDmail and Weber.edu email accounts. Read all those emails you've been ignoring. You can also move emails to a folder in your in-box OR you could delete them once they've been read if you don't need to keep it.
#3 Look at Schedule for Next Semester
- Teachers are the same for core subjects: Math, Engineering, Science, English, History
- You have 8 classes
- Your WSU Placeholder classes are the right place for when you are taking WSU campus classes
- If things don't look right, email your counselor!
#4 Refresh, Relax, Recharge
And if you are behind in your classes, maybe take a couple of days off, but then get to work on those classes so you can earn good grades.
SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR SEMESTER 2
NEXT: Notify your counselor to fix or change something:
- Email your assigned counselor with information
- If it's a complicated request, schedule an appointment with your counselor by using the "Schedule Appt" button at http://www.nuamescounseling.com/
- Go to NUAMES.org. Select your Campus. Look under Quick Links for Schedule Change Request Form opening later in December
NOTE: Schedule changes are not guaranteed. Some classes are full already and will not be available. You must also meet the pre-requisites for any new class you are requesting.
Schedule Change Fee = $10 starting January 24th
Early College Students, Please Remember...
- You will have a SCHOLARSHIP PAYBACK to drop a Weber State class after Jan 28th
- You may be dropping a class you needed for graduation or your Associate's Degree, so make sure you know how dropping the class affects everything!
COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS (CCR) MEETINGS
All Juniors and Seniors have been invited to schedule a CCR meeting, so DON'T DELAY and SCHEDULE TODAY!
- Make sure to get your CCR meetings scheduled ASAP if you haven't done that yet!
- Go to http://www.nuamescounseling.com/
- Look for your assigned counselor
- Click "Schedule Appt" button under your counselor's picture
- Find a time that works for you and your parent/guardian
- Add the appointment to your own calendar