From the Principal's Desk
January 25, 2021
Greetings FWAFA Family,
Our open 2021-2022 application and audition season is well under way until February 15. Please take a few moments to complete the form below letting us know your student will be joining us next school year. We will use this information to make decisions around the number of available seats for new students. Please complete one form per student by Friday, February 19.
A HUGE thank you to our awesome PTSO and our amazing parent supporters for a great Kids Take Over the School Auction with over $9,000 raised for improving our wireless connectivity in the school. This is INCREDIBLE and a testament to the extraordinary powers of school and home partnerships. Words do not adequately convey how excited and grateful that I am for our FWAFA families. Thank you!
As COVID-19 rates continue to remain high in our area, I want to remind our families to help us keep everyone healthy by erring on the side of caution if someone in your household or your student is exhibiting symptoms that resemble COVID-19. If you would like to talk through your individual scenario with our nurse, please don't hesitate to call the school and ask to speak with Nurse Kay or you can send her an email at email@example.com.
Students can switch to At-Home Learning to quarantine or wait on test results at any time, and then switch back after the quarantine period is complete.
Also, you can visit our COVID-19 Information Center updated daily on our website for information on the current number of cases, the cumulative number of cases, and recovered cases that have been reported on our campus as well as information on our definition of Close Contact and contact tracing procedures.
Dress Code Reminders
Just a few reminders
- Outwear must have a FWAFA logo
- Students may wear solid-colored tights or leggings (navy blue, black, gray, white) under skirts - no sweat pants please
- Keep skirts no shorter than 2 inches above the knee
Starting February 1, we will begin calling parents each morning for students who are out of dress code to bring the appropriate clothing. After that, SLDs will be issued.
We care about our uniform policy because we care about equality, standards of presentation, belonging, practicality, and our FWAFA identity.
Thank you in advance for your support of the dress code.
January 29 - Pajamas Day!
January 29: Elementary Winter Carnival hosted by the Junior Class
On Friday, January 29, from 3:45 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., the Junior class is hosting a Winter Carnival for FWAFA elementary students.
Join us for fun carnival-themed games and a movie. Tickets are $15 and includes games, 2 slices of pizza, and a water bottle. A permission form is attached to the JupiterEd email.
All safety guidelines will be followed.
Parents, take a break and sign your elementary students up for the Winter Carnival!
Technology and Internet Use Reminders
With the increased use of technology across the campus this year, please help us reinforce the following student expectations:
- Use school technologies for instructional, classroom activities.
- Follow the same guidelines for respectful, responsible behavior online that I am expected to follow offline.
- Treat school resources carefully, and alert staff if there is any problem with their operation. Encourage positive, constructive discussion if allowed to use communicative or collaborative technologies.
- Alert a teacher or other staff member if I see threatening, inappropriate, or harmful content (images, messages, and posts).
- Use school technologies at appropriate times, in approved places, for educational pursuits. Cite sources when using online sites and resources for research.
- Recognize that use of school technologies is a privilege and treat it as such.
- Be cautious to protect the safety of myself and others.
- Help to protect the security of school resources.
Mark Your Calendar!
Friday, January 29 - Elementary Winter Carnival hosted by the Junior Class and school-wide Pajama Day and last day for Krispy Kreme orders at https://www.artsacademics.org/krispy-kreme-fundraiser/
Monday, February 1 - Sophomore Class Candy Gram sales begin
Wednesday, February 3 - Progress Reports Distributed during 8th Period and posted to Parent Portal for At-Home Learners. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper copy of your student's progress report to be mailed.
Friday, February 5 - Deadline for At-Home Learners to request In-School Learning for the 5th grading period beginning on February 22.
February 1 - February 12 - PTSO Apex Fun Run and Color Battle Leadership Coaches on Campus - more details coming soon!
Thursday, February 11 - Sculpture Art Show streaming online at artsacademics.org/live
Monday, February 15 - Professional Development Day for Teachers; School Holiday for Students; Open Enrollment for the 21-22 school year ends
Friday, February 19 - End of the 4th Grading Period; Early Dismissal at 12:15 p.m.