Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Room 205 Scrabble Party
Tuesday, Nov. 25th, 10:30pm-11:30am
820 Beaconsfield Ave
Grosse Pte Park, MI
Please join us for some word-making fun!! We'll meet in the library to play a game of Scrabble end enjoy a snack. Hope you can make it!
p.s. If you'd like to donate a snack/drink, please send me a note.
Week of: November 17-21, 2014
- Our first Genius Hour was a huge success! The students were very focused on their research (harder than it sounds). The projects that were created included: posters, digital presentations, and an original song. We look forward to sharing our projects this week, with each other and our partner classes.
- THANK YOU to all our families who attended conferences! The kids loved sharing their work with you, and I enjoyed talk about the awesome things they are doing and goals for the year. Thanks again for your continued support!
- As a special wrap-up for the Global Read Aloud, we'll be spending part of our lunch hour watching a Google hangout with the author, Jennifer Holm. She will be answering ?s that students around the world submitted. We submitted our own questions, so we're hoping she'll answers on of ours!
- We have new spelling words this week with our test on Friday.
- On Friday, a letter was sent home regarding your child's nightly reading/writing homework, otherwise known as 15&5. The letter introduced a new option, our class blog. Please read the letter, and make a decision with your child about whether they'd like to participate in the blog OR continue with 15 &5. Once you make the decision, please sign the blog note and return it to school ASAP...thanks!
- Things to ask your child about: Genius Hour sharing/feedback, Google hangout with Jennifer Holm, PBL letter, "Tiger Rising".
- Recently, Mr. Frakes and I sent home a letter regarding the importance of your child mastering their multiplication facts. For practicing, I recommend: Fast Math, flashcards, Multiplication War, and reciting (or counting by) all the multiples of a number. Thanks in advance for your assistance with the facts!
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!
Sincerely, Susan Howey :)