MS Updates - September 2022
RCS Middle School Principal's Office
Good Afternoon RCS Middle School Parents & Guardians
Several questions have come in from parents, and we are putting together this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please let me know if you have additional questions not covered in this newsletter via the following link.
Do I need to buy school supplies for my middle school student this year?
- Parents will need to purchase earbuds (only) for their student this year.
Can we supply our child with a lock for their locker that we purchased?
- In most cases, students are expected to use school-issued locks. If you feel that your child needs a lock that is different than the one provided for by the school, please contact the main office to discuss the specific situation.
Where are the gym lockers/when do the students get their assigned locker, lock and combination?
- Gym lockers are located in the lockers rooms.
- Physical education teachers will assign lockers, locks and provide the combination. More information will be provided by the physical education teachers.
Will my child be able to carry their backpack throughout the day?
- No. All backpacks will need to be stored in each student's locker during the day.
What time will the school doors open?
- 7:25 am
How early can I drop off my child?
- Students should be dropped off no earlier than 7:15 am.
What time will my child be considered late?
- First period begins at 7:30. Therefore, students are considered late starting at 7:31 am.
Where do students report for recess?
- During lunch on the first day, students were taught where to line up when they have recess.
Where do students place their instrument if they are in band?
- Students should use one of the "cubbies" that are available in the band room. More information will be provided by the band teacher.
Can my child attend a JV or Varsity game without a parent or guardian?
- No. Middle school students must have a parent or guardian with them to attend games.
My child needs to stay after school in order to go to practice. What should my child do until practice starts?
- Student athletes should find a teacher to stay with until 2:40 pm. At 2:40, they should report to the cafeteria, where they will wait for their coach to meet them.
- MS Back to School Night/Open House - September 20, 2022
Lifetouch Fall Pictures - October 4, 2022
Grow Celebration - 1st Quarter - November 18, 2022
Lifetouch Fall Retake date - November 22, 2022
Q1 Honor/Merit Roll Recognition Ceremony - November 28, 2022
FastBridge Mid-year check in Reading and Math (all students) - January 17, 18, 19, 2023
3-8 ELA Testing - April 19, 20, 2023
Grow Celebration - 2nd Quarter - February 3, 2023
Q2 Honor/Merit Roll Recognition Ceremony - February 13, 2023
Grow Celebration - 3rd Quarter - April 28, 2023
3-8 Math Testing - May 2, 3, 2023
Q3 Honor/Merit Roll Recognition Ceremony - May 8, 2023
5th/6th Grade Carnival/Dance - May 12, 2023
- Lifetouch Spring Pictures - March 14, 2023
- Grade 8 Science Testing (performance) May 23, 25, 2023
- 7th/8th Grade Semi-Formal - June 2, 2023
- Grade 8 Science Testing (written) - June 5, 2023
- FastBridge End of Year Testing in Reading and Math (all students) - June 6, 7, 8, 2023
- GROW End of the Year Celebration - June 16, 2023
- Q4 Honor/Merit Roll Recognition Ceremony - May 8, 2023
- Algebra I Regents Exam - Thursday, June 15, 2022 12:00 PM start time
- Earth Science Regents Lab Practical - TBD
- Earth Science Regents Exam - Friday, June 16, 2023 8:00 AM start time
- World Languages Assessment (8th grade only) - Tuesday, June 20, 2023 8:00 am start time
- 8th Grade Moving-up Ceremony - June 21, 2023
MS Concert and Performance Dates
Location for all performances: HS Auditorium
MS Musical (Frozen Jr.)
Friday, November 18, 2022, 7:00 pm
Saturday, November 19, 2022, 7:00 pm
Sunday, November 20, 2022, 2:00 pm
7th/8th Grade Band and Chorus Winter Concert
December 6, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
6th Grade Band and Chorus Winter Concert
December 20, 2022, 7:00 p.m
MS/HS Select Ensembles Concert
January 12, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
6th-12th Band Concert
March 16, 2023, 7:00 pm
6th-12th Chorus Concert
March 30, 2023, 7:00 pm
MS/HS Select Ensembles Concert
May 18, 2023, 7:00 pm
6th-8th Band and Chorus Spring Concert
May 24, 2023, 7:00 pm