Olympian High School
"Where Champions Are Made
School-wide Learner Outcomes:
- 100% of students will exit their grade level "on track" for secondary study.
- Each student will progressively learn to be fully responsible for his or her academic progress and success.
- Each student will develop the necessary skills to support life-long learning and become a productive, ethical member of the community.
COLLEGE READINESS SKILL - RELATE & APPLY OCTOBER 29 - DECEMBER 10
- Zone 4 Social Science Meeting - MPR All day
- 8:00 - Calendar Meeting
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Regular Day
- All Day - Focus Walk
- 7:00 p.m. Girl's VB playoff game
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - Block Schedule (College Day)
- 9:45 a.m. - Senior assembly - Women's Empowerment International MPR
- 3:00 P.M. - Faculty Meeting
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - Block Schedule
- 6:30 p.m. Winter Sports Parent Meeting
Friday, November 21, 2014 - Regular Day
- Cyberbullying - Think before you Click Assembly - through PE Classes
Saturday, November 22, 2014 - November 30, 2014 - Thanksgiving Break
For The Common Good
- Thanksgiving Break Reminders: Please make sure that you empty and unplug your refrigerator, computer, and mini-appliances. Please take home food that will spoil. Same with your personal belongings. Secure school equipment in locked cabinets. . The office will be CLOSED all week. If you really have to be on campus, please inform the custodians on duty that you are here. You are expected to leave campus before the end of the custodians' duty day. They need to secure the campus by making sure all doors and gates are locked. Thank you for your assistance. I am thankful for each and every one of you who work hard on behalf of students. Have a restful break with your family and friends.
- Activities, Field Trips, and Fundraisers: ALL proposed activities, field trips, and fundraisers MUST go through Mrs. Grossman, Assistant Principal of Student Activities. All Club Advisors and teachers planning field trips, shows, and fundraisers must get approval from Mrs. Grossman before proceeding with raising money, ordering buses, or publicizing their activities. In addition to ensuring that there will be no major activities conflicts, Mrs. Grossman can walk anyone through the requirements and paperwork needed for activities. Thank you for your cooperation to ensure activities protocols are followed.
REGNUH GAMES /SPIRIT WEEK
- Special thanks to all the staff that participated in the Regnuh Games and Spirit Week!
- Mr. Wahib for GATE testing over 70 students last week
- Boy's Varsity Cross Country for winning their first Metro League Banner and Coach Matias!
- Girl's Volleyball for making it to the second round of playoffs and Coach Ruiz!
- Auxiliary Units (Color Guard) for winning Sweepstakes at the Otay Ranch Band Review
- Band and Auxillary Units for getting 1st place at the Chula Vista Field Tournament
As the administrators continue to do informal walk throughs, , we will continue to look for the following:
- Rigorous DLT's in the correct structure in which the evidence of mastery matches the rigor of the skill being mastered.
- Teachers doing a step back referring back to the DLT, pointing out the College Readiness Skill and reviewing the progression of the agenda which supports its mastery as the class moves forward.
- Teachers ensuring students get the big picture of where they are headed in the learning while also understanding how the day's DLT fits into this big picture. This establishes the "why".
- Students explaining solutions to problems, including warm-up ones, to give teachers insight into their thinking.
- Teachers asking, and students answering, more open ended questions which allow students to expand on their thoughts and ideas.
- Structured collaboration and conversation with assigned roles. Please refer to your "Productive Group Work" book or the handout shared with you during the pre-service days.
- Teachers asking, and students answering, specific questions that will check for student understanding.